Home | About | Donate

Obama's Lethal Drone Policies Still Shrouded in Secrecy: Report

Obama's Lethal Drone Policies Still Shrouded in Secrecy: Report

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The Obama administration has made "virtually no progress" in increasing transparency and accountability in its lethal drone program, and risks far-reaching consequences in the U.S. and abroad without an overhaul of its policies, a new report released Tuesday concludes.

"We should demand more from our leaders in the conduct of war," report author Rachel Stohl told Common Dreams. If someone has to be killed in battle, "we should understand who they were, why they were targeted, what means were taken to address the situation."

Banana Republics have no military accountability, neither do military dictatorships. Amerika is just another Banana Republic, military dictatorship on a bigger budget that has hoodwinked the US public that it is different and a democracy. And that is the reason Obama's lethal drone policies are still shrouded in secrecy.

No enemies; no business opportunities!

" The truth is there are no enemies, only business opportunities." Major General Smedley Butler.

USA should just cut out its drone program, stop killing, especially civilians both our own and those of our so-called friends.

In most countries finding those cowardly enough to operate a drone would be the problem.

The names of all those authorising the use of, and those operating them ought to be kept securly so that eventuall y they can be rounded up for committing war crimes.

The current mass murderer in chief is a sick power hungry despot! He belongs in a cell next to bush/cheney!

Whoa! This drone thing is just in its infancy.
China is making drones--everyone will be making drones. And a whole mess of folks will be having Tuesday meetings on who gets droned.

Everybody will have access to drones and because they will be in such demand, and cheap-- that will mean low cost drones dropping in on your bar-b-Q day or night.
Pandora's Box has been opened and the hum of drones in the air.

He is just another greedy, grandiose, sadistic psychopath who make decisions for us.

Pandora's Box has been opened and the hum of drones is in the air."

The country who opened this Pandora's Box was none other than the United States of America.!

I'll let you in a secret, hwmcadooo: I didn't vote for Barack Obama at the polls back in 2008 or in 2012, because I saw him for what he really is. from the get-go: An arrogant, glad-handing, mealy-mouthed, slithering, two-headed snake who pretends to have the peoples' interests at heart, but, in fact, he is so full of bullshit that it stinks...all the way from High Heaven to Hell and back again!

Yep,it was our leadership.
I recall, a few days before the Iraq invasion, bush, made some comment to support the need to invade, he said that another urgent reason was that Saddam "had these little plains to bring over here" to attack us.

There was no end to the bush jr. capacity to spread fear and to lie.