Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders Draw Largest Iowa Crowd of Democratic Primary So Far with Call for 'Solidarity' Over Unity

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/09/ocasio-cortez-and-sanders-draw-largest-iowa-crowd-democratic-primary-so-far-call

8 Likes

Bernie teaming up with the squad (and young people’s approach to social media) might just be able to take on the M$M messaging bullshit game.
Bernie 2020!

34 Likes

And in the main stream media? Crickets
You would swear Sanders died on the table during his heart cath.

27 Likes

Wow! Perhaps, with the help and support of Bernie and The Squad, We the People can turn this nation back into the Constitutional Republic of We the People!
Here’s hoping, and working, for that goal!
;-})

25 Likes

At this point I’m afraid Bernie could walk into the library of Congress with an AK47, shoot two guards in the face, take a dump on their corpses, and wipe his ass with the bill of rights, and still wouldn’t get a mention in the main stream media.

11 Likes

Nobody goes to the Bernie rallies because there’s always too many people there.
(Yogi Berra quote)

21 Likes

Here’s some semi-under the radar polling to consider. Bernie is positioned pretty well:

12 Likes

Excellent!

What concerns me is the establishment media is positioning the public to expect low numbers to accept vote rigging and cheating on REPORTING actual votes.

When the public EXPECTS Sen. Sanders to lose, the public will ACCEPT vote-rigging and false reporting. Notice that they no longer use exit polls in primaries; it conflicted with their reporting in 2016. Don’t forget that the DNC went to court to certify ownership of your, mine and our primary votes.

14 Likes

MSDNC’s webpage has no hint of this ever happening, but they do have a story on Vanna White filling in for Sajak on Wheel of Fortune.

14 Likes

I wish AOC could be Bernie’s VP.
Contact your mainstream media outlets and tell them unless they start covering Bernie news, you’ll cut them out of your life.
Bernie is probably our last chance for a true FDR candidate and a peaceful revolution.
If Bernie isn’t the nominee, or if Trump wins in 2020, there’ll have to be some kind of brutal civil war to purge the Trumpenwaffen from our midst, just as we purged the Confederacy.
Work hard to get Bernie elected!

9 Likes

The MSM and all other powers-that-be are terrified by the progressive swing that it gaining momentum all over the country. They have to lie and cheat and steal to gain and maintain their lofty status - the clear light of day will expose them all, and while they can try pushing the mute button on Bernie, AOC speaks truth to power easily, and it flares on social media around the country. I found it noteworthy that the woman in the article was there primarily to meet AOC. She and Bernie campaigning together could lead to progressive success!

8 Likes

Been thinking that too. The media is pretending that Bernie doesn’t exist so when the time comes the lie they will promote seems more plausible. We will not get democracy back until the media is crushed and rebuilt,.

10 Likes

But Obama would point to it as an example of the sins of wokeness.

5 Likes

…and just for clarity, for those that don’t know - AOC is too young this time around.

4 Likes

AOC for VP.
I was just thinking the same thing .
Is there an age restriction for VP like there is for the presidency?

1 Like

Bernie has been constant and steady, correct on more issues than any other candidate, but not particularly exciting. AOC stirs vitality into the mix and magnifies the power of the Sander’s message.

7 Likes

solidarity forever for the union makes us strong - not just labor unions but the union of the people everywhere. GO BERNIE, AOC AND THE REST OF THE CREW! We are with you.

12 Likes

And not only them. Daily Kos and TPM, airless second rate bubbles that they are, have nothing on Sanders and AOC either.

9 Likes

thank you to CD for being the only news organization besides jacobin for covering sanders in a positive light …

14 Likes

Alternet used to have a mix of opinions till it was shut down by the borg.

4 Likes