Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Calls Attacks on Her Intellect 'Lazy' While Others Note Widespread 'Brain Drain' That Dominates Washington

Ocasio-Cortez Calls Attacks on Her Intellect 'Lazy' While Others Note Widespread 'Brain Drain' That Dominates Washington

Julia Conley, staff writer

Hitting back against recent attacks on her intellect and preparedness to serve her congressional district in the U.S. House (mostly from older men), Democratic candidate for New York's 14th district Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez described those questioning her abilities as "lazy" and denounced suggestions that young women like her are politically naive as nothing but a "stereotype."

She tweeted Friday:

1 Like

One thing for sure is that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is very bright. She was a star student at Yorktown High School in northern Westchester County in NYS and came in second in the Intel science contest. Anyone who can understand science at that level and do superior research certainly has a high intellectual capacity. It would be expected that she would not know as much about policy details as someone who has served in Congress for many years. She has not sat in committee hearings and heard the testimony of experts on various policies. And certainly she should not be expected to have in-depth knowledge of numerous policies. In Congress, most members are not well versed on many policies and they may rely on members of Congress who focus on one or two areas such as economics or foreign policy.

“John McCain’s legacy represents an unparalleled example of human decency and American service.”

She may be bright but I have to question her judgement releasing this. Who’s advising her?

Another Obama we do not need.

2 Likes

Yuppers Citizens United: guaranteed to buy the dumbest selections any “election” can deeeeeliver.
Time to reference POGO on elections

2 Likes

Dear Alexandria:

Permit me to Mansplain this to you.

You are incredibly bright, articulate and well-informed. You represent not just the future leadership of this country, but its current and emerging leadership. You are exactly what we need, notwithstanding the nonsense coming from other quarters.

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

God, I miss Dan Quayle (also Walt Kelly).

Would this of made you happier, " John McCain was a racist war-mongering little cockroach. He, like one of my mentors Ted Kennedy, was a walk-around drunken liar and two-faced misogynist, and good riddance to both of them. Viva la Revolution! "

1 Like

Nah…,…too subtle😀

2 Likes

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can’t hang with “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can’t hang with intellectual heavyweights in Congress,” says political party that elevated Sarah Palin, Chuck Grassley, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Mike Huckabee and Donald Trumphttps://www.vox.com/2018/8/31/17763462/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-criticism-fact-check … .

Then there’s the other party of such “intellectual heavyweights” as Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Schiff, Pelosi, Feinstein, Wasserman Schultz, Kerry, Biden, . . .

3 Likes

How did Wasserman Schultz get in that line up? G

1 Like

And like some very rich men we cloud all name, cunning–perhaps even clever at times–but not particularly intelligent in any broad sense.

" recent attacks on her intellect and preparedness to serve her congressional district in the U.S. House (mostly from older men)"

Would those older men by any chance be mostly white and of European descent? There is a reason so many men seem to have an inferiority complex. They may have been created equal, but they excelled at filing the teeth off their gears. All through primary and secondary school the girls were the ones to be reckoned with. In the end I edged them out, but only by a combination of blind luck in getting the best teachers in non-core subjects and blind luck in general.

Ocasio-Cortez called the late John McCain “an unparalleled example of human decency.”

Sounds pretty intellectually lazy to me, even if it was motivated out of shameless political opportunism.

One has to wonder how long it will take for the majority of democrats to realize that their corrupt party cannot be reformed, no matter how many good candidates like Ocasio-Cortez join their party! Obama and Bernie proved it to me! In my opinion, only a real opposition party with political power, has any chance of being the antidote to this miasma of the two war parties. Give peace a chance…support the Green party.

1 Like

I have watched her performance since getting the congressional nomination. Pointing out disagreements with her positions, noting her inability to defend her positions, stating precisely how her positions would be unaffordable, reminding everyone that she is no longer taking follow up questions is NOT lazy.

What bullshit. You offer no facts; no citations to real events. I suppose you believe Medicare for All is unaffordable, even though it would reduce the total cost of health care, a fact even acknowledged by those who have tried to portray it as too expensive.

Maybe you should go hang out in the Faux News echo chamber instead of here where we tend to use facts and logic.

2 Likes

Obviously she has the “intellectual heavyweights”, read: ‘mental midgets’ on Capital Hill shaking in their galoshes. They are scared to death of AOC. You go girl!

1 Like

Isn’t she the one who suggested the coup in Ukraine? And she got it.

Really? I see no facts on your post. You say it would reduce the total cost of healthcare, without citation or links.

Does your browser not show links?