Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Delivers Powerful Call for Justice as Third Women's March Kicks Off

Ocasio-Cortez Delivers Powerful Call for Justice as Third Women's March Kicks Off

Common Dreams staff

"Justice is about the water we drink. Justice is about the air we breathe. Justice is about how easy it is to vote. Justice is about how much ladies get paid. Justice is about if we can stay with our children after we have them for a just amount of time."

Trump and the MIC are jamming for a war. Time to spread the word: They want to declare wars, the ‘invitations’ are being plugged in media, and my answer is NO THANK YOU. Think I’ll stay home and attend City Council meetings, go to the capital and see what state reps are doing. Come to think of it, I’ve got about 7 neighbors who have expressed similar interests. Sounds like car pool time.

1 Like

Did you really join Common Dreams 3 hours ago just to say that?

That’s Amoral.

6 Likes

The danger of nuclear war has always been there. Fearmongering only increases the Pentagon budget.

1 Like

Thanks, Chen. Saved me the trouble of pointing out the hypocrisy. Now we can go and join the latest divide-and-rule march.

2 Likes

Are you nuts? Who cares about reconciling with tRump Dumps?

2 Likes

Have at it.

2 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

There is one thing I feel passionately about as I have throughout my life. It is why I chose the profession of Social Work. It is justice. I don’t understand how anyone could have an issue or have anything negative to say about women speaking out about justice for all. “And justice for all.” Its part of the pledge that so many hold dear; the very ones who denounce Ocasio-Cortez for speaking out about justice for all. It’s 2019 and it looks and feels like we have gone back in time to 1819 and Trump is the supreme Wizard. I don’t know if the KKK existed at that time but with his MAGA hats that people are equating with the white dunce caps (very accurately) he is certainly leading the herd. It’s a horrible time to be an American. Thank god for Nancy Pelosi. Vote 2020 for change!

2 Likes

I don’t know. Why are you?

1 Like

Projection in its highest form

While the Women’s March in Washington D.C. rightfully focuses on appealing for fair and equitable actions from the U.S. government’s laws and so the women’s vigilance and actions speak for all Americans; their voice is muzzled by that government’s actions in May, of 2018.
That was the time when the CIA’s “Bloody Gina” was given nomination to head the CIA—notorious for torture. Of all abusive expressions of hate, torture by giving absolute control to the abuser is most inhuman, as it destroys the person’s selfhood.
Tina Turner suffering continual beatings by hubby Ike, worse when he snorted cocaine; and the American supported military in Guatemala severing the nipples from women’s breasts, as reported by Rigoberta Menchu´; must give pause for questioning what are essentially the human rights that women also have a right to. Sister Dianna Ortiz, said at that CIA torture fest hearing, “What is love if we allow torture?”
She too was brutally tortured (1989), by Guatemalan CIA “assets;” 113 cigarette burns to her back for one horror. And Love is betrayed with fictional truth by G. Orwell’s, Winston Smith under torture, when he screams; fearing a cage of rats placed over his head; “Do it to Julia! Not me!
Marching on Washington D.C. is the right place for women seeking justice, but if our government allows torture, well then, “What’s love got to do with it?”

1 Like

True! And the fact is that people like Bernie and AOC who say some of the right things that progressives want to hear are used by the democratic, elite to enhance their politically… miserable power.

1 Like

One of my favorite posters says

MEN OF QUALITY DO NOT FEAR
WOMEN’S EQUALITY

3 Likes

I believe the Ziocon “project for the new century” and “Full Spectrum Dominance” plans have hit a “Wall”.

The violence of capitalism continues to destroy the country. Marches do give a sense of solidarity but rarely cause real legislative change. Interacting directly with one’s lawmakers in Congress will at least get a listen. I write all the time yet not much ever changes. We still have endless wars. We still have growing inequality. We(disabled) are subject to the whims of the GOP that thinks the taxes I paid for 35 years for Medicare and SS should be gutted to fund endless wars. ‘We the People’ need to find a new plan to move forward and get the country back from the corporate controlled Congress. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

These words will be on the Internet forever. I don’t see the difference.

AOC Delivers the word and thoughts so many of us have longed to hear spoken OUT LOUD and in public for all to hear.

that these now com from an elected official so much the better. May this signal the beginnings of a real change in what our so-called “representatives” look like in the near future. We need to FACE that Future with real Ideas coming FROM the People, not from paid lobbyists, if we ever wish to practice democracy and live with justice and dignity.

Those that trash her live an agenda that has been around for many decades, and are NOT friends of democracy and legality.

2 Likes

We the People’ need to find a new plan to move forward and get the country back from the corporate controlled Congress. Any suggestions?

Yeah. A NEW PARTY …
… with the focus on GOALS The People want … and CAN actually attain through participation!

1 Like

Fearmongering is being democratized too.

1 Like