Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Hits Back at Liz Cheney: 'What Do You Call Building Mass Camps of People Being Detained Without Trial?'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/18/ocasio-cortez-hits-back-liz-cheney-what-do-you-call-building-mass-camps-people-being

2 Likes

Reservations…the worlds first was the San Carlos Indian Reservation in AZ in the 1880’s.

9 Likes

Liz Cheney needs to brush up on her history knowledge. Of course, these are concentration camps! The similarities to the actions of the Nazi regime are striking…

11 Likes

Fine analysis and polemic by AOC. I liked it a lot. But why only her? What about all the “mainstream” democratic honchos? Are they all tongue-tied? Is this an issue where leftists are supposed to do the heavy lifting? There should have been a huge uproar when the issue of concentration camps came up.

24 Likes

Liz Cheney is the hellspawn of a war criminal.

14 Likes

When it comes to antifascism the Dem pols are useless.

6 Likes

Good work AOC.

Nice to see others supporting AOC in pushback against that epic jerk, spawn of a mass murdering Dick who is one of the architects of 9/11, no doubt.

13 Likes

I called Liz Cheney’s office to condemn her invoking of the Holocaust to defend Trump’s inhumane policy.

I suggest everyone do the same.

Congressional Switchboard: 202-224-3121 and 202-225-3121

8 Likes

You have to remember that when a right-wing extremist (is there any other kind nowadays?) makes a claim about something, they are NEVER engaging in facts, logic, of good-faith discussion and debate. Instead, words serve only one purpose to them - as a form of bad-faith gas-lighting and a bludgeon to advance their thuggish subhuman impulses.

And so, thanks to the timidity of the liberals, the right wing has become so bold that they can make the absolutely preposterous accusation that merely using the word “concentration camp” (there have been many throughout history) is “anti-Semitic”. What bullshit!!! Where are the attacks on, say, this Wikipedia article for being “anti-Semitic”???

13 Likes

Very well said.

4 Likes

Can we have a vote, AOC FOR SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE

15 Likes

202-225-2311 is the line of the _____'s DC office.

Very clever - your just trying to set a new record for “likes”, aren’t you?:smile:

2 Likes

Dear Liz,

Go Hunting With Daddy!

Most Sincerely,
America

7 Likes

To Yunzer’s point…please add 1000 likes on behalf of the Chicken.

Got the Yunz didn’t I

Seriously this is the Post that Pelosi is supposed to be manning

She is Seriously Absent from Duty

Let hope Youth Speaking Truth to Thugs can Take the Day

4 Likes

Yes, and Liz, if you survive the hunting trip, you and your Dad take a nice vacation outside the “green zone” in Baghdad. Just make sure they know you are coming.

1 Like

Undoubtedly the most terrifying regime in our history. And no I didn’t just assert that Trump came out of a vacuum. (not directed at you Harry, but I’ve learned to make such qualifications).

1 Like

Our generation will have to answer not only for the cruel and vitriolic deeds of the children of darkness, but also for the fear and apathy of the children of light.

1 Like

The true leader of the democratic party is not even Sanders, it’s Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Pelosi is just a crooked old chipped and cracked retired and rusted battle axe, whose last significant political breath was exhaled several decades ago

4 Likes