Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Rips Bloomberg on Stop and Frisk: 'Just a Billionaire Trying to Cover Up Authoritarian and Racist Policy'

Gee, I thought it was some obscure document called the Constitution. You must have creamed your shorts when seeing R King get his head bashed in or hearing about Bush’s illegal wiretapping.

Who cares how much money he’s made. He did that for himself. He’s running for the dem nomination. Here’s what disqualifies him in my book:

Punitive actions against public labor unions when they don’t toe his line.

His ‘reforms’ for SS that mirror the cat food commission cobbled together by the great populist Obama. Just like Trump is doing now. Bloomberg doesn’t even list on his website any views relating to one of the most crucial programs for middle and working class Americans!

Opposes MFA, a main reason he’s joined the race.

Stood up at the 2004 republican convention and stumped for Bush after his war crime of invading Iraq. But killing half a million brown people who didn’t attack us nor pose a threat didn’t seem to bother Mikey. First he was a dem; then he was an R; independent slipped in there somewhere; and now he’s back to D. A man of deep convictions.

We have a candidate fighting for millions of working class Americans to gain a fairer share of their contributions to this country and you trot out this racist, arrogant aristocrat. A guy with 60 billion dollars is going to begrudge humane and CHEAPER healthcare to those scraping by because we ‘can’t afford it.’ WTF does he possibly care about paying more taxes. He’s a disgusting sociopath.

Can’t wait to see more footage of his rallies. It’ll be just like Hillary’s tepid snoozers. Who would be in that audience if not paid, wealthy or completely clueless? Ever notice the passion at one of Bernie’s rallies? What can MB offer the masses that Bernie doesn’t? And don’t give us that ‘he’s more electable’ garbage. That’s repetitive MSM spin they hope sinks into the lizard brain of the voters. Polls and common sense tell a different story.

4 Likes

Is the irony of a FullBloodedWhiteMale getting to define what racism is or is not completely lost on you?

1 Like

Quote from: ~https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-02-11/in-2015-audio-bloomberg-advocates-targeting-minorities

But the audio of his Aspen speech highlights his embrace of the policy just a few years ago and suggests he was aware of the disproportionate impact of stop and frisk on minorities. Bloomberg says that “95%” of murders and murder victims are young male minorities and that “you can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops.” To combat crime, he says, “put a lot of cops where the crime is, which means in minority neighborhoods.”

And…

In the audio, he acknowledges that focusing police forces in minority neighborhoods means minorities are disproportionately arrested for marijuana possession but dismisses that as a necessary consequence. “Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is,” Bloomberg said.

1 Like

Bernie is an anathema to the Democratic, political, corporate, elite, in my opinion… Bernie has no chance as long as he thinks he has any chance in the Democratic party. Just like in 2016, Bernie will be used again in 2020.

2 Likes

The way I am looking at it (and what I have said in MANY emails to them) is that this is the last chance for them (DNC). Screw me again, and I will do everything in my power to make them as powerless as they are useless.

If we quit the party and encourage others to do so, it might mean something to them. A smaller party will get less in donations, voter support, media coverage, and personal profit for the profiteers.

Really, that is the only power we have over them.

2 Likes

Well said but it seems to me, unless millions of us progressives and Bernie acolytes make the DNC powerless, they will screw Bernie…AGAIN IN 2020.

1 Like

Then start sending emails to anyone in the DNC (and media) you can find info on. Get everyone you know to do the same. Tell them 2020 is a make it or break it proposition. Their choice.

At this point, we can’t change 2020 with a new party. We have to try to recapture at least some control with the dems since that is where he is running.

Excellent point!

1 Like

Hi FullBloodedWhiteMale:

Welcome to the real world of the homo sapien sapiens. No one is full blooded anything this long into Earth’s history. So welcome to your human part no matter how many Neaderthral pieces are in your chromosomes.And as we are close relations to the apes and chimps, it really is kind of silly to make declarations of who you are as if you were a prize winning dog at the Westminster Dog show! : )
Although, it might be fun to find out who your grandaddy’s granddaddy was, and even beyond that, because as long as you have that Y chromosome can tell a family tale of male human history, and for we the females, we have the matriarchal line to trace—it’s amazing how many “others” are in each one of us. In fact, I think I read somewhere that a whole new line of human was discovered t recently hat has never been seen before… wow, maybe we are part Martian too? : )