Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Says Trump Is a 'Monster' for 'Threatening to Target and Kill Innocent Families, Women, and Children' in Iran

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/05/ocasio-cortez-says-trump-monster-threatening-target-and-kill-innocent-families-women

6 Likes

Otherwise known as telling it like it is.

20 Likes

Pelosi

“…people are being left in the dark about our national security.”

Ah, yeah!

8 Likes

I agree with Ms Cortez completely.

16 Likes

she is the thoughtful, intelligent, “Fly-in-Trump’s-Ointment” that is needed in the face of all of Trump’s grandiose bloviating and war posturing.

22 Likes

And yet the Dems voted for Trump’s military budget…

29 Likes

Yes, but her statement begins with “it suggests…”, which is about as amorally circumspect as language can be. Pelosi girl, quite the stand up leader.

5 Likes

Yes, and continued the AUMF putting war decisions solely in his hands. How courageous of them.

11 Likes

One must remember that threatening a war crime is still considered a war crime.
Of course war crimes are only committed by the losers, so…

12 Likes

War crimes, were also what Bush/Cheney did. And what Obama ignored. Trump is just following tradition, albeit more crassly and loudly. His extrajudicial killing of Sulejmani, was also denounced as breaking international law by UN observers the very 1st day. Again, tradition.

14 Likes

Ms. Cortez describes President Donald Trump as a " Monster ’ . I and most of the worlds population call him a," Terrorist". Will Russia and China continue down the road of diplomacy or help Iran defend itself or…both? The United States of America have to stop this foreign policy. Jimmy Carter said and wrote recently that," the US has been at peace for only 16 of its 242 years as a nation." If the citizens of the United States don’t put an end to this terrorism, somebody else will.
Mr. Blair M. Phillips
St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada
CAW & TCA
Fall 1996 PEL
participant

11 Likes

Yes, Corpocrats did, and Corpocrats may be in majority in the Democratic party, but they are by no means real Democrats, they are merely semi-moderate Re-Thug-licans wearing Democratic underwear. :innocent::crazy_face:

10 Likes

And what Obama did, such as entrenching drone murder as the perpetual practice of the US, initiating the practice of slaughtering crowds of unknown individuals through the use of algorithm based targeting, and putting the use of sociopathic Navy SEALs and other psy-ops in mass murder of folks in public gathering, at their religious sites, and in their homes.

17 Likes

Hey military, remember that your oaths are to the CONSTITUTION. Defy illegal orders and you will fulfill your oaths accordingly.

17 Likes

Where is the UN in the face of Trump’s illegal threats?
Proud of AOC, as always, for telling the truth.
Pleasantly surprised that Nancy had the guts to say that Trump’s dossier attempting to justify assassination lacks validity.
If we had a functioning Congress, they’d go into emergency session.
Every moment Trump is still president is a moment he does more damage.

12 Likes

My first thought was Kristallnacht, night of broken glass when the SA burnt and smashed Jewish Synagogues and businesses. My second thought was the Taliban’s destruction of the two huge ancient statues. This is what tyrants do to subdue a people. They destroy their cultural heritage. This man is a reincarnated Nazi , a terrorist even worse than the Taliban. What is more he is an anti patriot, as his actions and words will make the US into an international pariah. More than it already is.
When Nixon was discussing bombing the dikes around Hanoi (estimated casualties 20,000) Kissinger said that would not be a good idea. “I am just trying to keep you from becoming an international pariah” Nixon showed more sense than I am afraid Trump has, and dropped the idea.
El Duche is a threat to national security; we need Congress to show some guts. Sanders, Congress man Ro Khanna and Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia have sponsored legislation to stop any attack on Iran without Congressional authorization.
We also need a full plate of impeachment charges as Ralph Nader has prepared and are in the Congressional record, not just the pathetic ones already filed.

9 Likes

Yes Ocasio-Cortez is correct as far as she goes, but it is critical to point out the Democrat Elite for their support of Trump’s military budget and ignoring amendments that would limit his war making power.

13 Likes

Liars need to be called out AS liars, and, repeatedly called LIARS to their fat, ugly, sneering faces. Lying SOBs are good for nothing other than being constantly called LIARS to their face, daily, hourly, whatever it takes to make the accusation permanently stick. Especially the so called president, known in our house as “FuckFace”!!!

6 Likes

RRR, I hear your passion, but at the risk of sounding like a linguistic concern troll, can I suggest that the f_ck word not be used in an epithet against Trump.
F*ucking can be a pleasurable, beautiful, natural act.
To use that in a word phrase with face, referring to Trump, sullies the word f_ck.
It’s like when people call bad politicians pigs, and I point out that pigs are innocent animals.
How about “IvankaHumperFace” or “Putin’sBottomFace?”

5 Likes

God i love this woman.
She is one of the few people in all of Washington that goes after Trump like it’s her last day in office . She is Fearless and compassionate , the total opposite of the orange Demon.

14 Likes