Home | About | Donate

Ocasio-Cortez Warns Biden That War and Wall Street Appointees Are a 'Huge Reason We Got Trump'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/16/ocasio-cortez-warns-biden-war-and-wall-street-appointees-are-huge-reason-we-got

4 Likes

If she had an ounce of courage she would lead and implement the plan put forth by Jimmy Dore to force a vote for MED4ALL …

otherwise she’s just another grandstanding politician

10 Likes

Thank you, again, Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez. That Obama’s failures led to Trump’s presidency needs to be shouted from rooftops all over the country. Obama’s legacy is very close to as awful as Trump’s. He just dressed it up better and more articulately. To revere him, as the neolibs do, is a recipe for disaster.

22 Likes

I didn’t hear her say that during the Primaries.
Now she points it out.

4 Likes

“in any other country, Joe Biden and I would not be in the same party.”

The difference between AOC and Biden is AOC is not a fake progressive.

15 Likes

Everybody gets to talk, AOC. But you were lent actual power by your constituents, how are you using your power? If you do nothing with Our power, We should be lending it to someone else who will use it. If all you do is talk, you can do that without a government paycheck.

5 Likes

You must have missed the two minute marathon by AOC.
She listed the many things she has done, and it is far, far more than you indicate.
All she can do is talk and vote. She has no gavel to wield.

11 Likes

“‘If you create that vacuum, there are so many nefarious forces at play to fill that vacuum with something even worse,’ [AOC] cautioned.”

Out of the frying pan, into the fire, you know.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, right?

Better safe than sorry!

Don’t act.

For lucid exposition of the AOC/Dore argument, and counterargument on behalf of the Dore side, see:

“Krystal Ball Breaks Down The AOC vs Jimmy Dore M4A Debate”
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64A7A8QWDNc

2 Likes

She’s wish-casting here a bit though, hate to say it. Trump appointed nothing but plutocrats across most of his administration, people collectively worth more than $5 billion. These guys passed a massive tax giveaway for the rich the first chance they got, while attempting to dismantle the ACA. Sure, they lost the House in 2018, but a whole bunch of straight Q-nutballs were just lifted into Congress. If you bother to look at what’s going on on rightwing internet, they are all-in on bombing Iran, domestic militia trappings, intimidating local government officials, and not wearing masks to check the Libs. Plus, Biden did win the nomination and presidency, partly by ignoring social media, including social media progressivism. That kinda matters.

She voted for Pelosi as speaker, and she voted for the biggest upward transfer of money to the wealthy in history…

5 Likes

Nope, I don’t bother checking out right-wing media.
I seriously get stressed out with their approach to life.

1 Like

Yes, like all POTUS Obama was selected before he was elected.

" President Obama was selected before he was elected and was accountable to those who selected him. Why do you think Wall Street got the break?" The Reverend Wright

12 Likes

Thank you for the link. I’m wondering just how DCCC, Nancy & the rest will manage to keep REPRESENTATIVE Turner from happening, then her ram-rodding Squad & company into pushing Jaypal’s Medicare for All into a Floor vote? Perhaps, hundreds-of-thousands hitting big city streets, right as tens-of-thousands of physicians ALL strike over totally unnecessary deaths and our failed health system?

1 Like

I hear it, but after this election, I felt like I was spending too much time reading what I wanted to hear, and not what others are saying. It’s a whole different world, which I’ve been acquainted with since I live in a conservative area, but the level of nuttiness is really out there beyond what I hear from friends and acquaintances. Listened to a bit of Limbaugh the other day and he sounds like Glenn Beck did ten years ago now. AOC is just talking to a fairly closed audience in the social media progressive circle, and it’s very very obvious.

1 Like

Nothing of substance will change with an administration of the same murder loving, greed worshipping crooks and funded by the same money as the trumpies. Acting as if there is any issues that are actually up for debate, with a one party system is ignorance leading the brainwashed. AOC is the fake, managed resistance designed to waste your time and mine. In the meantime the class warfare of the rich against the rest of us continues to destroy the world. Rushing out 5G, so that machines and surveillance can be juiced up on nitro steriods, while a pandemic rages is also supported by the allegedly progressive AOC. Don’t be fooled by manufactured dissent. We all suffer the same fate, no matter which of the 2 parties in our criminal duopoly are in office.

3 Likes

Bless her for saying out loud what all of the Democratic Party elite are afraid to admit.

10 Likes

Bingo!

2 Likes

Our economy only thrives (survives?) if the MIC does. This is Biden’s only chance for an economy that has a semblance of success in the eyes of the general public. Too bad.

Hi James_ Dirkowitz:
I think you have lost your wits! : )
AOC and the Squad are doing more than the DNC ever will—she has more than an "ounce of courage, " and with Bernie and the Squad----that is the only group in the Dem party that truly is working for We the People.
BUT, what is the plan that Jimmy Dore put forth to force a vote for Medicare 4ll?

5 Likes

Is Biden really making these appointee decisions or is he just a figurehead for behind the scenes party elites who call the shots?

3 Likes