Hillary Clinton refuses to make public the transcripts of her speeches to big banks, three of which were worth a total of $675,000 to Goldman Sachs. She says she would release the transcripts "if everybody does it, and that includes Republicans." After all, she complained, "Why is there one standard for me, and not for everybody else?"
Hillary is no fool. No, she's a tool with clear operating instructions. I can only imagine who she would appoint to the Treasury.
"If we cut military spending and corporate welfare, we would have more than enough money to meet America's needs," Bernie wrote in his 1997 book, Outsider in the House. "This nation currently spends $260 billion a year on defense, even though the Cold War is over," not counting "$30 billion spent annually on intelligence or the $20 billion in defense-related expenditures hidden away in our federal spending on energy," he added. Today, with all the wars our government is prosecuting, that figure is nearly $600 billion.
This is the hidden gem. Lefty arguments against Sanders include his inability to pay for his platform on a Wall St. Transaction tax, so he should be campaigning on reducing the military budget (which would dissolve support among right leaning voters). A Sanders presidency would inevitably mean cutting the military budget; that tax isn't going to cover the costs of Sanders' programs. (It was never necessary for me that Sanders enunciate this; I have faith that Sanders knows how to win campaigns in red districts.) But to the naysayers out there, here's the proof!
For the short list, I'd recommend starting with Gold in Sacks' executive staff directory.
My strictly selfish reason for wanting a Sanders presidency has been simply to see his appointment of cabinet secretaries and the resulting explosion of heads across the establishment punditry.
A Clinton cabinet would be the same roster of Wall Street insiders and Neocon war hawks who have occupied the government for decades.
Thank you, Ms. Cohn! I believe the tug--o-war as to whether she releases the transcripts of the talks is not merely a distraction but a trap. Trap, trap, trap. What if what the transcripts say is innocuous after all? Then what? That will make her sound trustworthy, as in "See! I told you so, didn´t I?" I think instead we should stay focused on the real problem. The problem is not what she may have said. The problem is that she took the money. I.e,, she is on the take with Wall Street. In light of that fact, who gives a frozen rat´s behind what she may have said and to whom, as if anyone could trust what she said in the first place. So I think it´s better to look at the issue of the money changing hands, which is the real problem, rather than to put much energy into forcing disclosures of the speeches´ contents.
This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.
gasp! just think about what her ghost writers would DO with her next book! this has elevated her star status for advances beyond her wildest dreams! And that based on the just chapters alone with the speeches. If the speeches are made public that cachet would plummet I tell you - absolutely plummet! a trrible thing to do to someone.
do you mean candidate Drumpf?
Some (myself NOT included) would not want to hurt Hillary and chance a Trump, Cruz or Rubio win, but polls show she would lose to them anyway.
February 29, 2016
I want you to win it all!
But you need to create “Peoples Party 2016” NOW to do that.
(Americans need a real alternative to the Democrats and Republicans in November.)
For almost 7 months now, I have had absolutely no response from you or anyone in your campaign, except to ask for more money to waste in the Democratic primaries.
Precious time, money and human resources have been squandered in a foolish effort to get you the Democratic presidential nomination. (Seeking this nomination contains an inherent contradiction that dooms you to failure, Bernie: while railing against the corrupt establishment, you seek the imprimatur of a corrupt, establishment political party.)
Let Hillary get the useless Democratic nomination – you don’t want it and you definitely don’t need it to win in November.
Therefore, Bernie, you MUST create "Peoples Party 2016" NOW to be effective as America’s first democratic-socialist president.
Here’s what you must do, Bernie –
1. Dump the Democrats NOW.
2. Create “Peoples Party 2016” NOW.
3. Convene Peoples nominating conventions within two weeks in all 50 states. (I suggest having the conventions in every state capital and in every American city with a population of more than 100,000.)
4. Encourage disgruntled Democrats and Republicans to abandon their corrupt parties and join Peoples.
5. Address the Peoples at the conventions in every city with a live video feed.
6. During these conventions, encourage the Peoples to nominate the very best Peoples candidate for every contested elected office in America on November 8, 2016 – federal, state and local. (It’s easy, Bernie: the Peoples platform is your current platform.)
By the very best Peoples candidate, I mean only one thing: someone who has what it takes to win each individual election from the Democratic and the Republican candidate. (No losers need apply – the Peoples candidate must have charisma and passion. Remember, the Peoples candidate only needs a plurality. (See Peoples Party 2016 pledges and Peoples Party 2016 principles at the end of this letter, Bernie.)
In other words, Bernie, you start your general election campaign NOW with mega-rallies ONLY in the BIG cities of Electoral College-rich states - CA, TX, FL, NY, IL, PA, OH, etc.
At the very SAME time as you’re locking up the 270 votes to win the Electoral College, your army of energetic young Peoples MUST get a Peoples candidate on EVERY ballot in America for November 8, 2016. That is the ONLY election that counts. Who cares about what happens tomorrow on Super Tuesday? Ask Mitt Romney, John McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore and all the other presidential losers, what they now think about their success in the primaries. Cold comfort indeed!
Bernie, Peoples Party 2016 is the ONLY way that your new American Revolution can succeed.
For you to succeed in the White House in 2017, Peoples Party 2016 MUST break the Democratic & Republican duopoly in American politics on November 8, 2016.
You will be as impotent as Obama is now unless the Democrats and Republicans are rid from Congress on Election Day. Your legislative agenda is dead on arrival unless Peoples Party 2016 controls Congress.
Bernie, there’s still enough time to do what I suggest: 8 months is a lifetime in social-media politics. But there is no time to waste.
Contact me before you become a footnote in American politics. I want you to win it all, Bernie! I have not felt this good about an American political movement since June 6, 1968 – the night Bobby Kennedy was murdered.
One last thing - “Peoples Party 2016”. (Please, NO apostrophe.) We’ll have fun with the slogans. “Peoples know how to Party.” “Are you a Peoples person?”, “Peoples never bare nuclear arms – even in the bedroom.” “Bern will NOT Bern Peoples.”
Phone Yoko: she’ll want you to use John’s songs at your mega-rallies. “Power to the Peoples”.
So, Bernie, get in touch with the FEC pronto: tell them you’ve come to your senses. Let the ActBlue toddlers have their tantrum when you dump the Dems.
Today is the day for real political change in America. Think big, Bernie. Primaries are oldthink.
George Millenbach, RN
Peoples Party 2016 pledges
I pledge to –
1. Persuade Bernie Sanders to immediately announce the creation of Peoples Party 2016, to run as its Presidential candidate and to ask all of his supporters to join Peoples.
2. Tell Bernie to ask Elizabeth Warren to abandon the Democratic Party, to join Peoples and to be his running mate.
3. Adopt Bernie’s current platform to “fight for a progressive economic agenda that creates jobs, raises wages, protects the environment and provides health care for all …” as the Peoples Party 2016 platform.
4. Use social media and the internet to get friends and family involved in Peoples Party 2016.
5. Teach others that the 1% have corrupted the Democratic and Republican Parties.
6. Persuade others to “follow the money” on every issue and to always ask, “Who ultimately benefits?”
7. Show others how a third political party - Peoples Party 2016 – is the only solution for the 99%.
8. Explain that having a Peoples candidate on every ballot – federal, state and local – on November 8, 2016 is necessary to minimize the Democratic and Republican presence in the Senate, the House and the State Legislatures in 2017.
9. Support efforts to have a Peoples candidate on every ballot – federal, state and local – on November 8, 2016 in America. (Bernie and Liz cannot create positive change for the 99% without a Peoples majority backing them.)
10. Recognize that Peoples resources should be focused on the general election – the one that actually counts - and not on the primaries.
11. Ignore the primary elections and to convince others that the primary elections in America do not benefit or represent the 99%.
12. Focus my time, energy and resources on electing Peoples candidates in the general election in November 2016.
13. Acknowledge that 270 Electoral College votes are needed to elect Bernie and Liz.
14. Concentrate my efforts in the Peoples presidential campaign with mass rallies in or near the large cities of California, Texas, New York, Florida, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington, Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
15. Only use historical facts to teach others about the benefits (and potential risks) of democratic socialism.
16. Agree that “capitalism with a conscience” can benefit the 99% when profits are shared.
17. Teach that “greed-is-good capitalism” benefits the 1% and will ultimately lead to an uninhabitable planet.
18. Recognize that science and technology can be guided to solve our existential problems.
19. Educate myself and others about the real world that we temporarily share.
20. Change our priorities to establish America as a moral beacon for the 99%.
Peoples Party 2016 principles
Follow the Golden Rule – treat others like I treat myself.
Consider the natural and logical consequences of my behavior.
Acknowledge that every human being is unique, precious, mortal and fallible.
Search daily for efficient, practical solutions to the problems that face humanity.
Always tell the truth, based on my current knowledge. (I shall never lie to myself or to anyone else.)
Commit to the welfare of the 99% of those alive and yet to be born on Mother Earth.
Base my actions on what is ultimately best for me, my family, my community, my nation and my planet.
Use only non-violent, constitutionally legal methods to effect peaceful political change.
Use only non-lethal weapons as a last resort for self-defense.
George, tell us more, website,actions, contacts etc