Home | About | Donate

'Of, By, and For the 1%': Sanders Condemns Trump Budget as 'Immoral Document' Designed to Hurt Families and Children

The fact that Congress and the Courts know that Teflon Don is hurting the country (he professes to love) and yet do not remove him, speaks very loudly.

9 Likes

You can bet on it if somehow Trump loses in 2020!

1 Like

Trump’s base won’t believe the ads. They believe him, no matter how much he lies.

2 Likes

Definitely.

1 Like

Many of my Republican relatives are exactly what you say. They do not see others hurting; they see others hurting for several reasons like: the reason we are rich and you are poor is because we are smart and you are dumb; you are lazy and we have been hard workers; if we gave you our wealth you are so stupid you would become poor again in a short time and on and on and on ad nauseum.

9 Likes

The last time I was this disappointed and angry was after 9-11.
I just couldn’t understand why people were so daft as to conflate 9-11 with Iraq. The more it was referred to, the more it stuck. It clued me in to the intelligence of the average American.

15 Likes

Not intelligence. Ignorance.

4 Likes

Yes, he is a cult leader for them. Sometimes though it is worth it to try. I have been able to move some of them though it was VERY far from easy. Let us just say I can be very persistent.

5 Likes

“…A path to Civility”—and Compassion!

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant. Thanks for making it more clear.

Just an aside, we just went food shopping. The aisles and shelves are dripping of products. I couldn’t help but think back to the 60’s and 70’s when little old ladies at food markets in the Soviet Union were shopping where the shelves and coolers were nearly empty. No real point here, just recalling that time at that place.

2 Likes

All that I’ll say about this, is this. If those in government want to take from me what I worked for for a major portion of my life, if they want to target what they see as easy money, well, soon those who choose to steal will find themselves the targets.

Targets of what?

A population that will not take anymore of their thievery.

And we won’t be subtle.

6 Likes

Only Sanders has enough credibility to get through to some of them.

4 Likes

That’s coming to America, soon. Maybe in Trump’s 3rd term?

1 Like

That’s a huge topic in it’s own right. The previous thread relating to our killing off of our environment, round-up, etc. was quite telling.

1 Like

Especially when they claim the 19 hijackers were Saudis. But I blame the MSM and progressive media as gatekeepers because even though there are many cogent 9/11 alternative theories by scientists with impeccable credentials, that may be true or not, don’t you find it strange they are never published on sites like CD or interviewed on Democracy Now!

3 Likes

That may be true, but I will say that at that time I was listening to Wisconsin Public Radio on a daily basis, and even after consistent efforts to correct call-ins that tied the two together, people were too far gone to take the hint, or they would hem and haw about it.
Just as you couldn’t convince them that there was no WMD.

People going hungry yet roughly half a billion dollars spent on campaigns.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a distinction without a difference but I know Republicans like that and that actually verbalize that. I don’t know any democrats that do. But I agree that the party "leadership’, since Clinton, has been hell bent to out Republican the Republicans
Welcome to the discussion

1 Like

Hi PonyBoy:
I think the same too. Do some of these people think that money will save them from harm? Maybe they should stop and think----if their wealth disappeared overnight—what would they do, and who would they be?
Angry people were just one part of the French Revolution—because sadly, a part of humanity’s collective brain—when all is taken from them------- the collective mob reacts to take from those who took.
Society is sketchy enough—and while millions of people will mourn the loss of a basketball player----many, many others will applaud the loss of a tyrant. Remember too, when they came for the Russian royalty----the royal kids were killed too.
Once humanity reaches that tipping point of"nothing left to lose------ everybody loses. : (

7 Likes

I am waiting patiently to watch Nancy rip up the budget book.
But she should do it as it is bound like a city telephone book.
Not two sheets at a time.

2 Likes

Ya, a bunch of hyenas.