Home | About | Donate

Ohio Lawmakers Ignored Us When They Banned Abortion. They Can't Ignore Us in the Courtroom

Ohio Lawmakers Ignored Us When They Banned Abortion. They Can't Ignore Us in the Courtroom

Chrisse France

Last month, Gov. Mike DeWine signed the Ohio Legislature’s abortion ban into law. The law recklessly prohibits abortions starting around six weeks. As an abortion provider, I can tell you this is, in fact, a ban on all abortions in Ohio.

For far too long the abortion issue has been cynically used as a political tool by powerful factions that consistently betray their “pro-life” messaging with their utter disdain for the already born. I would like to see the issue crafted using a Fourth Amendment lens that could become bombproof via Constitutional cover. I know that this is a naive hope of mine, but it is genuine. “Hey, preacher! Leave those girls alone! All in all, you’re just another prick without balls.”

2 Likes

Talk about picking sides, this may be the perfect issue to make the 2020 election about.

Women’s rights.

Republicans are against them.

Seems like a no-Brainer.

What side are you on?

1 Like

What’s really stunning is not just the lack of interest in helping children or people already born but the utter hypocrisy of these “christians” ( I use no capital; letter because it is an insult to Christ to claim that they are upholding Christian Values. they are gainst abortion (life is so precious) but also for the death penalty and endless war to ‘defend’ their ‘christian’ values.

4 Likes

All of this dates back to the dawn of the Patriarchy and the belief that the Woman is to be seen as Property of the man and nothing more then a vessel to bear HIS children.

In reality it has nothing to do with the Child or the Fetus. It about property rights. These White Males passing the laws want to make it clear that woman is still property.

5 Likes