Home | About | Donate

'Oligarchs Are Running the White House': Trump Called Wall Street, Hedge Fund Titans Just Before 'Back to Work' Remarks

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/25/oligarchs-are-running-white-house-trump-called-wall-street-hedge-fund-titans-just

3 Likes

The firms represented on the Tuesday morning call collectively manage hundreds of billions of dollars in assets.

You can bet your bottom $ that the conversation was: “HOW CAN WE MANAGE TO SAVE BILLIONS OF $$$$ IN ASSETS BEFORE THE MARKET TANKS”?

4 Likes

“Money doesn’t talk
It swears.”
–Bob Dylan, It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)

3 Likes

What a shock! Oligarchs are running the White House. Apparently, they hide upstairs in the family quarters. Every 4 to 8 years they change masks and take over the Oval Office. Same thing happens in the capital bldg. Continuity is assured by the DNC and RNC in conjunction with Wall Street.

6 Likes

Now that we have trillions in loot … you can declare our crisis over.

2 Likes

I went home, indeed, grieved and afflicted in my mind at the abominable wickedness of those men, not doubting, however, that they would be made dreadful examples of God’s justice; for I looked upon this dismal time to be a particular season of Divine vengeance, and that God would on this occasion single out the proper objects of his displeasure in a more especial and remarkable manner than at another time; and that though I did believe that many good people would, and did, fall in the common calamity, and that it was no certain rule to judge of the eternal state of any one by their being distinguished in such a time of general destruction neither one way or other; yet, I say, it could not but seem reasonable to believe that God would not think fit to spare by His mercy such open declared enemies, that should insult His name and Being, defy His vengeance, and mock at His worship and worshippers at such a time; no, not though His mercy had thought fit to bear with and spare them at other times; that this was a day of visitation, a day of God’s anger, and those words came into my thought, Jer. v. 9 ‘Shall I not visit for these things? saith the Lord: and shall not My soul be avenged of such a nation as this?’

These things, I say, lay upon my mind, and I went home very much greived and oppressed with the horror of these men’s wickedness, and to think that anything could be so vile, so hardened, and notoriously wicked as to insult God, and His servants, and His worship in such a manner, and at such a time as this was, when He had, as it were, His sword drawn in His hand on purpose to take vengeance not on them only, but on the whole nation.

Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe

3 Likes

Another example of Naomi Klein’s Shock Doctrine strategy in action…a kleptocracy never lets a crisis go to waste…milk it for all it is worth.

5 Likes

"Oligarchs Are Running The Duopoly."

Whether it’s a Democrat or a Republican in the White House, it’s always going to be a “win-win” for the Oligarchs.

And for Americans, the majority of them have facilitated this, are going to continue to facilitate this in November, and will facilitate this till the day they die.

Why?

I’ve given up trying to understand why the majority of Americans are so blind to the reality of their complicity.

I love our country, however, I truly believe our country has collectively lost it’s ability to distinguish “right from wrong.”

There will never be an answer as to how to fix this until a major portion of one or both corporate parties breaks ranks, defects and reveals the “truths” about the Duopoly that the majority refuses to accept.

3 Likes

Or, to put it somewhat differently, Americans, and other voters in pseudo-democracies, are unable to recognize what is actually necessary in economics, and what is an historical, class-dominated fabrication.
The ‘center’ of politics keeps the discussion within the long accepted parameters of class rule and private control of national currency, manipulated by the global banking cartel on behalf of the oligarchs.
As long as discussion plays within the established game, manufacturing consent and legitimacy through deception, for that long, politics will continue to dominate undemocratically and unaccountably.
Cheers.

4 Likes

I love my Mother but would never allow her to drive intoxicated, but that is exactly what Trump is doing and what is so exasperating no one is taking the keys away from him before he continues to kill so many innocent people!

4 Likes

“You’ll have to work a little bit harder,” says Cheeto Benito. “And die a lot sooner,” he might as well have added.

“It’s easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.”

• Frederic Jameson
1 Like

Many on the low end of the economic scale will fall through the cracks of the proposed bail-out.
With so many workers sitting at home now, and the oligarchs wanting them back to work, we have leverage the American workers haven’t seen in most of our lifetimes, lets not squander it.
It’s time for a widespread strike, no EIM4A, no $15 min. wage, no waiting until this virus runs it’s coarse - no workers back to work.
And lets throw in paper ballot voting for good measure.

5 Likes

They’re living in an illusion .

If Trump is so willing to sacrifice lives for the economy let him set an example and offer his own.

2 Likes

I’ve advocated for preemptively turning that back on him before he is successful, to not avail.

There is no constraints on government, when both major parties conspire together.

1 Like

The Billionaire Buddies take care of there own and if there is any money left-over then the rest of the people.

1 Like

Lynne,

Were he not a flaming narcissist that possibility might exist.

Sadly, it won’t.

2 Likes

h-ttps://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/23/global-cooperation-and-national-lockdown-our-best-hope-fighting-coronavirus

Jeffrey Sachs posted Monday. Worth the read.
Meanwhile, why did el trumpo have a speaker inside his left ear at press conference? Who is the producer / wizard feeding him the B.S. remarks he throws out that damages / destroys the health message to our citizens.

Vote early, vote often !!
Lives depend on it.

1 Like

I have been trying to determine how various Countries the World over deal with this.

It my opinion Denmark is taking the boldest if not most effective approach.

~https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/denmark-freezing-its-economy-should-us/608533/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

What is most interesting is how the 10 Political parties in Denmark arrived at a consensus here.

1 Like

Here is how Netanyahoo is using the crisis. Watch out for Trump.

(h)ttps://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/03/netanyahoos-corona-coup.html#more

Peace
Po

2 Likes