Home | About | Donate

On Being Unable to Discharge the Powers and Duties of His Office

On Being Unable to Discharge the Powers and Duties of His Office

The debacles pile up, from large - Iran, Obamacare, immigration, Puerto Rico, women's rights - to small, like rhyming Tanzania with mania. So do the questions about fitness: moron, or mentally ill? Citing their "duty to warn" about the danger Trump poses, a group of mental health experts are hosting a dozen town halls Saturday to confront the issue of "presidential capacity," and what to do about it. Not a moment too soon.

Donald J. Trump was an undergraduate student at Wharton for the latter two of his college years, having been graduated in 1968.

Professor Kelley told me 100 times over three decades that “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” I remember his emphasis and inflection — it went like this — “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” Dr. Kelley told me this after Trump had become a celebrity but long before he was considered a political figure. Dr. Kelley often referred to Trump’s arrogance when he told of this — that Trump came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything.

The fact that he has never been in compliance with the Constitution and refuses to do so is enough for me, damn it. The emoluments clause is there for a reason. If we do not enforce the Constitution we have no country. It’s not a matter of pick and choose. Then there is the issue of his family as “staff”, what B/S.

I think Trump is at a point where impeachment proceedings are needed just as a wake up call. His decertification of the Iran treaty is absolutely appalling. You just don’t see new presidents coming into office de certifying the hard work of the previous administration. In doing so he is destabilizing the Iran situation, something other countries will hate him for. The underlying problem seems to be Trump thinks he was just elected the CEO of the United States. Being president is a lot more than being a CEO, it requires diplomacy. Trump is a self centered ego maniac sociopath that has never really had diplomacy in his personal style of management.

From Democracy Now:

Another perspective on why we have Trump:

Yes. Isn’t it ironic that the people he despises, the immigrants, are fully in support of the US Constitution?

It isn’t so much the problem that Trump is inept, or incapable, because America has the best of the best educated persons with experience to help him.
Instead, it is his obvious and consistent refusal to acknowledge the duties, and his constant refusal to comply with his oath of office, not considering it sacred, but instead, a desire to use the oath for purposes other than that for which it was intended. His desire to remake the Constitution in his image, and selective for his own vision, is a basic refutation of the Constitution rendering it an old rag of little importance. This is a person who refused to sing the National Anthem when elected. That pretty much says it all, and makes the NFL dispute a grievous disparity among citizens. Once soul searched, it cannot fail to be acknowledged that this President has refused to do his job, evidence that he did not want the job in the first place, and should not be there. He should resign.

he has never been capable of doing anything a president should do.he doesnt know enough to guide the u.s. , but whats worse he is the de facto emperor of the world, and he’s running us off a cliff.
its really crazy he has been there this long. there are constitutional
grounds to get him out of there before he nukes somebody. the guy is an egomaniac, and beyond the reach of reason

A lot of them came here because of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights which most countries do not have or if they do they are not enforced. They look to us for a save haven, or, they used to when we were still rational.

" If we do not enforce the Constitution we have no country."

The treason by Congress of abdicating their congressional authority to declare wars was done in 1950, during what was called the “Korean conflict and a police action”… that allowed the MIC to circumvent the Constitution and in my opinion, ever since, America has been culpable of treason to the Constitution.

This picture PROVES he absolutely has Down’s Syndrome (with fervent apologies to all OTHER Down Syndrome sufferers)!

Hate to disappoint folks, but so long as Trump can hold a pen and sign off on Republican legislation, they won’t impeach him via any route.

Trump is dangerous exactly because he is “able to discharge the powers and duties” of the Presidency. Especially the powers part, which can - and does - lead to all kinds of bad shit, just like the imperialist Obama and those before him.

These clowns are paid employees of corporations, plutocrats, oligarchs and the MIC and do lots of damage to the peoples of the Earth and the biosphere itself “faithfully” executing their duties and powers on behalf of their masters.

Trump has the worst aesthetics of those before him, but basically does the same job, as sloppy and ugly as his Rule by Tweet may be.

I think that is really not a fair statement as Down Syndrome is a random event.

“What causes a baby to be born with Down syndrome?
The most common form of Down syndrome is known as trisomy 21, a condition where individuals have 47 chromosomes in each cell instead of 46. Trisomy 21 is caused by an error in cell division called nondisjunction, which leaves a sperm or egg cell with an extra copy of chromosome 21 before or at conception.”

He totally has issues but I don’t think this is one of them.

According to the Constitution… We, THE PEOPLE, can throw the whole lot out… DonnyBoyo and all this thugs.
The President, Vice President AND ALL CIVIL OFFICERS of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. The Constitution, Article I, Section 3: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

DJT’s father greased the palms of Wharton School with a tidy sum that would guarantee his profligate son’s admission PLUS graduation. Not unlike GWB going to Yale and attaining a BA then Harvard attaining an MBA as a C- student. Remember, “the country of Africa?” And the University of Texas denied him admission to graduate school based on his insufficient GPA, low test scores and not meeting their overall admissions requirements. Being a “legacy” and wealthy has it perks, obviously. Kushner also was a mediocre student that gained entry into Harvard and then NYU Law. His father gave millions to Harvard to get his baby boy matriculated and then went to prison for his crimes, which led to his name disappearing from the Harvard donor list…cannot imagine why.

I was being facetious … my youngest son has Fragile X, so I know the tiny-minded prictator doesn’t have Down’s, but you have to admit, that tongue stuck out there is repulsively priceless and simply screams some form of mental deviation below the mean (at least 2 standard deviations below the mean)!

Money, ignorance, hatred, misogyny, homophobia, racism, and anger motivated the DJT base>
Add voter suppression and Russian interference in our elections and the disastrous result we face every day. His base: they had enough of seeing a Black man as president and sure as hxxl were not going to have to look at a woman for four years; they were really riled up by passage of marriage equality in every state; did not like “them gays” being allowed in the military; and were mad that Roe v Wade was not overturned. Truthdig is off base, IMO.

I misunderstood your post, my bad. Trump’s issues involve far more than one errant chromosome

No problem. When someone like the shrub ascends to power (and now the prictator) I jokingly tell my husband they are the product of w-a-a-a-a-a-y too much inbreeding (I know of current instances of a first cousin marrying a first cousin, but I truly do not know if that is what happened with either Trump or Bush). I do believe that Trump’s IQ is probably on the low end of the bell curve, but not quite to the place where he would be considered clinically retarded; his seeming inability to be successful at much of anything – many of his products went nowhere, and he has filed bankruptcy so many times that no bank here in the US will loan him money; I honestly believe he refuses to publish his income tax returns b/c he really doesn’t have any wealth – he receives a ‘wage’ for the use of his name on properties owned by someone else, and of course, for laundering Russian oligarch money.