Home | About | Donate

On Bernie Burgers, T-Shirts, Babies, Birds, Murals, Memes, Mariachi Bands and Revolutionary Art

On Bernie Burgers, T-Shirts, Babies, Birds, Murals, Memes, Mariachi Bands and Revolutionary Art

In honor of today's New York primary, an upstate eatery has created two timely burgers: the lush Bernie Burger with beef patty, Vermont cheddar and maple bacon, spinach and side for $7, and the Hillary Special, a hard roll packed with baloney for $14. Those concoctions are the latest in a deluge of heartfelt, good-time, Sanders-inspired gifts, memes, music, Eat the Rich t-shirts and, now, a touring show "The Art of A Political Revolution" - because, Bernie has declared, "Art is speech. Art is what life is about."

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Looks like Abby has been playing with photo shop again.

Shouldn't that $14 hard roll and baloney be priced at $330,000, with an optional $33,000 for a photo with Hillary ?

"once-obscure Scandinavian models"

A nice turn of phrase; had me thinking of those apochryphal Swedish blondes for a brief, politically incorrect, male moment.

It was the term "once-obscure" that threw me. I had not realised that the Scandinavian approach to social democracy was ever obscure. But then, I am not USAian.