Home | About | Donate

On Convention Eve and Amid DNC Leak Scandal, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Resigns

On Convention Eve and Amid DNC Leak Scandal, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Resigns

Jon Queally, staff writer

Though many progressives immediately responded by saying her ouster would not be enough to undo the damage her leadership has done, Democratic National Committee Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced her resignation on Sunday afternoon, saying she would relinquish her post immediately following the party's national convention which begins Monday.

That'll always be the dream.

This is probably just a technicality. DWS will continue to exert her influence as a DINO.

Like she wasn't the Chairman of Hillary's Campaign since Day One.

Too little, too late...and appointing her honorary campaign chair- seriously? Why don't you just b*tch-slap all those actual progressives you claim to care about. Thanks for letting us know. Again.

There are three key points here: First, We only know about the DNC machinations because of
a leak. Second, she already accomplished the objective of denying Bernie the nomination. Finally, and almost masochistically, Sanders will STILL support HRC. Let's hope more of his supporters
are sufficiently chastened to now vote for Jill Stein.

DWS....."Why are they picking on me? I was only following orders."

Washerman, I will resign from my position at the DNC after the convention. She wants to finish abusing her position to further Hillary at the expense of Bernie Sanders. Arrogant neoliberal 1%er. So f..... Off you inequality occupiers .

Said Obama: For the last eight years, Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has had my back. This afternoon, I called her to let her know that I am grateful.

Said Clinton: Wasserman Schultz would now serve as her campaign’s honorary chair.

Obama and Clinton have saluted corruption.

Americans should continue to react swiftly, loudly, and angrily. These so-called representatives have nothing but contempt for the people who fund their egos.

The corruption on view should destroy Clinton's chances in November. At least Trump's nomination wasn't rigged for him.

But the Democratic Party leadership is fine with corruption, so unless there is a miracle, they will nominate Hillary anyway.

Time to kick back and watch the great new documentary, "Clinton Cash." It doesn't PROVE that the Clintons are corrupt, but it does document how a singular series of events was repeated over and over again: A corporation or foreign government gave the Clinton Foundation, a "charity," an enormous donation, and paid Bill Clinton enormous speaking fees. And then the donor's arms deals or other projects were approved by Hillary's State Dept.

Maybe it was just incredible coincidence that this happened over and over again as the Clintons became incredibly rich. Judge for yourself; you can watch "Clinton Cash" on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

"Following Sunday's news, however, Clinton responded with a statement thanking her "longtime friend" for her service to the party and, seemingly without irony, announced that Wasserman Schultz would now serve as her campaign’s honorary chair."

Hillary
When accountability dies lawlessness explodes. Rewarding it has to be worse.

Apparently Clinton has no idea what this means. Her candidacy is bogus, won by trickery, The DNC betrayed all those Bernie people.and now Clinton appoints Schultz head of her campaign? Trump is going to feast on this. Clinton doesn't even have respect for decent human opinion. And that Clinton doesn't even understand this shows just how clueless she is.

Having registered with the Democratic Party prior to the presidential primaries in order to be able to vote for Bernie Sanders, I just changed my registration to the Green Party, likely for good, as a result of the recent Wikileaks release of DNC emails. I really should have just stayed with the Green Party all along as I am not sure about the complete authenticity of Sanders' campaign anymore.

Hillary has outdone herself. She no longer even pretends to be above-board. Odious to the extreme.

I've seen more than a few tone-deaf, blockhead moves since the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980 but this one probably ranks in the top 10. If Hillary wanted to give traction to critics who question her poor judgement, I'd say she's accomplished that in grand fashion. She seems determined to drive Bernie Sanders voters away and if that is her goal, I suspect it will have the desired outcome.

What's next? Will she appoint Henry Kissinger as a 'special adviser' on foreign policy?

Jill Stein 2016

DWS will "relinquish her post immediately following the party's national convention". So, she left the bank vault open, hired the gunmen, rented the getaway vehicle, laundered the cash, and she will "resign" from her bank teller position AFTER she invests the money in her mistress' account - and then be named to the bank's board? At the very least, she has to go NOW - the hubris of thinking she won't be booed off the stage when she opens the convention or when she gives her Shillary speech is mind-boggling.

HRC has nothing but contempt for real Democrats. Even if DWS is defeated in her primary challenge, she will probably be made White House Communications Director or something by HRC. Un-effing-believale how entitled these people think they are. I will NEVER vote for a Democrat again until the Clintonites are all gone from this "party". Stein 2016. And all the Hillary supporters and apologists out there are nothing but enablers of this corruption.

I have heard that she is not going to make an appearance at the convention, that she has, has it was put,"been put into quarantine".

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They know precisely what they're doing, and how it's received.
And they go right ahead doing it.
Both parties.
Good thing there's still pro $ports and NA$CRAP.

It had previously been announced that as Chair, DWS will silently gavel open the convention, and not speak at all from the podium.