Home | About | Donate

On Genealogical Glass Houses

On Genealogical Glass Houses

In the face of the Racist-In-Chief's pitiless stance on immigration - aka don't want no more brown-skinned people in my wannabe chaste white kingdom - take solace in the uppity brilliance of Resistance Genealogy, which demolishes the anti-immigration rhetoric of high-profile bigots by documenting their own immigrant family histories, and thus their unholy hypocrisy. The lesson for Steve King, Tomi Lahren, Stephen Miller and others: "Talk ignorant smack about immigrants at your own risk."

For me the most troubling thing about immigration is that the natives are still under the Plenary Powers of Congress. The most “unfree” within our nation of “free” people. No other group is discriminated against in this manner. The genocide committed is a national sin. A wound that will never heal. Lone Wolf vs Hitchcock will never be over-turned and white supremacy will always be the face of America, just go look in the mirror.

I tried to find just one quote, but the overview just on wiki is very much worth reading. Thank you for posting on it.

below from Wikipedia:

Subsequent developments

This was one of the first cases where an Indian tribe went to court rather than resort to warfare to resolve an issue.[fn 17][76] It was also a major defeat for the tribes. Reports show that ninety percent of the land allotted to tribal members was lost by them to settlers.[77] By the 1920s, the KCA tribes were impoverished, with an unemployment rate of sixty percent.[78]

By 1934, approximately 90,000,000 acres (36,000,000 ha), which was two-thirds of Indian lands, had been transferred to settlers.[79] Until the Meriam Report was published showing the destructive effects of the policy, the allotment process continued unchecked.[80] By the time Congress ended allotment, the KCA land went from 2,900,000 acres (1,200,000 ha) to about 3,000 acres (1,200 ha).[81] Also, the Court’s ruling meant that the only recourse left for Indian tribes to use to resolve land disputes was Congress.[82] Indians were not eligible to bring a case in the United States Court of Claims under the Tucker Act,[83] and were limited to actions in often hostile state courts.

Legally, scholars have compared Lone Wolf to the infamous Dred Scott case,[84] and universally condemned the decision.[85]

My favorite comic strip, “Non Sequitur” by Wiley, once featured a single-panel cartoon thusly: while in the background a full-rigged sailing vessel lies at anchor in the bay, in the foreground, two figures in Native American dress stand on a bluff reading a scroll. One says to the other, “It’s an invitation to a real estate seminar. What’s the worst that can happen?”

The Cherokee Nation had applied for statehood twice, I think, in the early 1800s before the Trail of Tears. You can guess what the court’s decision was.

My Great-Grandfather, Hampton L. Carson, was the attorney for Lone Wolf before the Supreme Court. It is my duty to carry on his work. Thank you for your work and insistence on learning.

https://gilbertweaversatchell.org/native-americans/

THIS needs to go viral

My spouse who is Native American, would agree with the above quote.

Your comical post reminded me of Chief Seattle’s answer to an U.S. government inquiry, in 1857, about purchasing his tribal lands.

" But how can you buy or sell the sky? The land? If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water…how can you buy them?

Every part of the earth is sacred. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every meadow, every humming insect. All are holy in the memory and experience of my people. WE ARE PART OF THE EARTH AND IT IS PART OF US. WHAT BEFALLS THE EARTH BEFALLS THE MEN OF THE EARTH"

Smedley Butler said the U.S. Military were much better gangsters than Capone or Moran ever were. In fact, he said that’s what he really was when serving in our military; a super gangster, in service to the wealthy white men who owned our government.
It hasn’t changed much. So, when your American roots go back to the Mayflower, you’re really saying your family has been supporting a criminal enterprise longer than most. Not something to boast about, really.

All that link establishes is that Jordan supported automatic citizenship for the offspring of immigrants born in the U.S. But she was an ardent restrictionist who sought to end chain migration by eliminating familial sponsorship of adult immigrants, who wanted tighter quotas on legal immigration, who wanted more robust security on the border with Mexico and who argued strongly in favor of rigorous deportation as being essential to the credibility of immigration policy, and in all those respects, she was far closer to the Trump administration’s positions than she was to today’s liberal and progressive positions.

There was a great deal about Jordan that I respected and admired, and I would much rather see someone like her run for president than someone like Oprah, but I didn’t always agree with her, and in this instance, I think her nationalism may have eclipsed her humanitarianism. (She may also have viewed poor immigrants as a threat to poor citizens and to labor unions.)

So if Trump wants to point out areas where his position is aligned with Jordan’s (even if his motives are entirely different), I don’t have a problem with that. All it means is that, in disagreeing with him on those points, by logical implication I’m also disagreeing with her. And given Jordan’s strong background in debate, I don’t think she would have had a problem with that. Unlike Trump, she didn’t fear dissenting views.

There are those of us with deep roots who feel a great deal of shame and fight to change things but we are a minority.

Thanks for that. Without your post I wouldn’t have known what Trump or Zimet was talking about. Your speculation about Jordan’s worry of poor (and exploitable) immigrants competing for the jobs available to the resident poor sounds plausible.

The only people here in the US that aren’t immigrants in one fashion or another are Native Americans
What everyone of us should be practicing:

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)

I’ve got to get that Ulali album: Mahk Jchi. Timeless. Already addicted after 47 seconds. (From anywhere but Amazon.) Thanks

It really is a joyous chorus. I’m happy you like it :slight_smile:

Wow, That is really very cool. I’m sure you must be proud of him.

He is one of the standards I live by and I am very grateful to be of his blood, it truly is an honor…just google him, he was an amazing person