Home | About | Donate

On Labor Day, Critics Say It's Clear What Side Trump Is On: 'Not the Working Class. Just the Ruling Class'

On Labor Day, Critics Say It's Clear What Side Trump Is On: 'Not the Working Class. Just the Ruling Class'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Despite President Donald Trump's claims that he has delivered on his campaign promise, made to families at rallies across the country ahead of the 2016 election, to prioritize the needs of working Americans over the profits of billionaires like himself, workers' advocates on Labor Day railed against the president's clear loyalty to corporations and the one percent—as evidenced by his $1.5 trillion tax cut package and a number of other policies.

No kidding!

On Labor Day? The writer is a bit late to the party… most knew this from day one! Think back how he and his family have profited from his president position, which is a law breaker right there!

Anyone that checks the comments first, don’t waste your time on this redundant article!

Yeah, what is clear to me is this is a dumb article.

21st Century Robber Barons

Dump The Duopoly. Let’s Right This Sinking Ship.

Meanwhile the ice caps are melting.

We have to repeat and repeat and repeat the truth until it sticks. It works well for republican lies so shut up.

common dreams would not let me repeat this post which is to all of you that say it is redundant. it needs to be repeated over and over again.

sorry but it needs to be said over and over again until it sticks so posted it on other sites

Article about class issues, how inequitable our society is, discover jumps in again. Look over there!

Solidarity with all the men and women of the working class:

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night,
Alive as you or me
Says I, “But Joe, you’re ten years dead,”
“I never died,” says he.
“I never died,” says he.

“In Salt Lake, Joe,” says I to him,
Him standing by my bed,
“They framed you on a murder charge,”
Says Joe, “But I ain’t dead,”
Says Joe, “But I ain’t dead.”

“The copper bosses killed you, Joe,
They shot you, Joe,” says I.
“Takes more than guns to kill a man,”
Says Joe, “I didn’t die,”
Says Joe, “I didn’t die.”

And standing there as big as life
And smiling with his eyes
Says Joe, “What they forgot to kill
Went on to organize,
Went on to organize.”

“Joe Hill ain’t dead,” he says to me,
“Joe Hill ain’t never died.
Where working men are out on strike
Joe Hill is at their side,
Joe Hill is at their side.”

From San Diego up to Maine,
In every mine and mill -
Where working men defend their rights
It’s there you’ll find Joe Hill.
It’s there you’ll find Joe Hill.

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night,
Alive as you or me
Says I, “But Joe, you’re ten years dead”,
“I never died,” says he.
“I never died,” says he.

When the union’s inspiration through the workers’ blood shall run,
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun;
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one,
But the union makes us strong.

Chorus :
Solidarity forever,
Solidarity forever,
Solidarity forever,
For the union makes us strong.

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his might?
Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?

Chorus

It is we who plowed the prairies; built the cities where they trade;
Dug the mines and built the workshops, endless miles of railroad laid;
Now we stand outcast and starving midst the wonders we have made;
But the union makes us strong.

Chorus

All the world that’s owned by idle drones is ours and ours alone.
We have laid the wide foundations; built it skyward stone by stone.
It is ours, not to slave in, but to master and to own.
While the union makes us strong.

Chorus

They have taken untold millions that they never toiled to earn,
But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
We can break their haughty power, gain our freedom when we learn
That the union makes us strong.

Chorus

In our hands is placed a power greater than their hoarded gold,
Greater than the might of armies, multiplied a thousand-fold.
We can bring to birth a new world from the ashes of the old

Article about class and the inequities of society and Joan says, “We can vote in more habitat if we just wish hard enough.”

Meanwhile the fires burn, the droughts get worse, the storms grow larger, and the population continues to grow at three additional people on this finite planet.

Compartmentalizing information does not make it go away.

Hi Giovanna-Lepore: and Thank You.
How did my history books miss Joe Hill—oh yeah, money buys the Truth a lot---- I had to google him—so at least the Deep State hasn’t erased all of history----- yet. Thank you for Joe Hill-----what a wonderful man, I found in my googling, and LOL, his comments on Utah— wonderful—and that state deserved it! Maybe the next time employees have to vote, they will probably have to stand and I.D. stand who they are so that the managers can immediately fire them------they should probably stand and say----“I am Joe Hill.” In fact every protest where the protesting workers are wrestled to the ground and arrested----- the people should definitely yell " I am Joe Hill," Then even the NY Times would have to write about Joe Hill, and won’t that be wonderful~ : )

That comment exposes a very deep lack of education. You’re joking maybe?

The New York Times has written a lot about Joe Hill. Just because you haven’t researched it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

In fact, Joan Baez sang a very popular version of the song which sparked a lot of commentary about Joe Hill.

Deep State? You know, it’s really time to either post research about comments, or stop commenting. How long has the Deep State existed? Show me.

The New York Times and just one article about Joe Hill. Perhaps you could spend some time educating yourself about the rest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/us/27hill.html

HI discover, LOL why are you so angry?
Lots of school high school books at all levels, even college texts pass by the history of WE the People and Unions. You should be glad people can learn new things from Common Dreams.
And as for the Deep State… I guess if it didn’t exist, we might actually have a real Warren Report… but sadly one of the Dulles bros was heading that. : ) Or hey— at least ONE of the 17 spy agencies would have spoken up about there Not being any WMDs in Iraq. There are all sorts of things missing from text books and history, and The NY Times ( like why there are so many dead Palestinians now) and lots of things people miss along the way, So be happy because learning is a lifelong pursuit. I keep pursuing, so I hope you do too. : )

Because the Deep State is just a bunch of Glenn Beck lies and it has real world effects. Angry? More like peeved.

Further, your logic fails. Supposedly we do not have a “real” Warren Report thus a Deep State exists.

Really? We also do not have unicorns in parking lots pushing shopping carts to buy groceries at Wal Mart.

This means that Wal Mart is obviously in on a conspiracy to not tell the truth about unicorns!

duh. as if workers had any representation in DC from anyone.
partisans gonna partisan.