Home | About | Donate

On Running Unprovoked and Other Crimes

On Running Unprovoked and Other Crimes

Another One. Freddie Gray died in Baltimore, his neck broken; he got arrested because he may have had or sold a knife. Eric Garner was maybe selling cigarettes. Walter Scott was running away. Michael Brown was walking. Tamir Rice was playing. Those in the March 2 Justice are protesting. Toni Morrison on the conversation about race America needs to have: "I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back. Then when you ask me, 'Is it over?’, I will say yes.”

This must stop! But how? Maybe someone can hire a police force to police these police thugs. Something has to be done! These thugs have gotten away with murders and brutality for far too long! Black lives do matter.... but not to many in law enforcement.

All of these deaths are a national tragedy; an abomination of the principles that our country was founded on. Only when we stand up together and recognize this issue as a major civil rights issue will the tides begin to change.

It's time we stop using euphemisms for this behavior. It's SANCTIONED LYNCHING--pure and simple. This is the language I use when talking about the issue, because it so closely resembles the worst aspects of Jim Crow.

Just a guess, but it wont take too long for that to happen, and no that will not end it.