Home | About | Donate

On Tax Day, Still 'No Evidence' Trump Tax Cuts Are Trickling Down to Workers

On Tax Day, Still 'No Evidence' Trump Tax Cuts Are Trickling Down to Workers

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Wall Street banks, pharmaceutical companies, and corporate CEOs have a lot to celebrate on Tax Day thanks to President Donald Trump and the Republican Party.

The vast majority of workers, not so much.

0 Likes

Evidence?? We don’t have to show you no stinkin’ evidence!!!

2 Likes

There has never been any god damned evidence. It’s jidt asserted to be true.

1 Like

Trump: “I will gladly not pay you Tuesday for a hamberder I eat today.”

3 Likes

If you are waiting for that “trickle”, I suggest you stand out in the rain. It ain’t comin’ down to “We the People”!

1 Like

Many people are actually paying MORE!

0 Likes

I wish Brutus would pound the Trump creep to a pulp.

1 Like

Not all. Amazon filed for a $129million refund and many other corporations remain on the US welfare list. “Instead of paying $16.4 billion in taxes, as the new 21 percent corporate tax rate requires, these companies enjoyed a net corporate tax rebate of $4.3 billion, blowing a $20.7 billion hole in the federal budget last year,” the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy report says.

This disintegrating Empire is sinking so fast in that reeking swamp mud there will be very little hope to ward off the mother of all tragedies. Enjoy your old roads and bridges.

1 Like

We’re on the same page- what I was saying is that there are just regular people who had to pay more- what I should have finished with is that corporations are sucking off the public and getting refunds. Thanks for the sickening eye opener- as I said we are on the same page. Continue to bother your congress critter and let him or her know that we are on to this ruse!

0 Likes

PS- We have plenty of old roads and bridges falling apart, and the state isn’t forking over anything either.

0 Likes

Well do remember it is defined as a “trickle” . In other words it might take many years for that “trickle” to find its way to the pockets of the working class. As they wait those many years inflation of goods will ensure there are still worse off then they were yesterday.

1 Like

Coming to the USA soon!!

This a report on the Country of Moldava, one of the least visited Countries in the world. It demonstrates the glories of Capitalism that rose up in that country after they threw of the yoke of the USSR!

2 Likes

Oh, come now. Even the New York Times published a story admitting that nearly everyone that pays taxes got a tax cut. (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/business/economy/income-tax-cut.html) This is a hard news article, not an opinion piece. The blame is laid at the medias feet for consistently lying to the American public about the truth of the tax bill.

1 Like

From your own article , the middle fifth of earners got a $780 tax cut.

$780 does not equate to $4000 .

This means the people making less than the Middle income earners saw no tax cut or a lower tax cut.

Further to that the article is not talking about workers being taxed less. It is talking about the claim that when the Rich got their cuts they would transfer those savings down to the workers with higher wages. This did not happen.

“This is not what the tax cutters promised, or bragged about soon after the tax bill passed,” wrote Mishel. “They claimed that their bill would raise the wages of rank-and-file workers, with congressional Republicans and members of the Trump administration promising raises of many thousands of dollars within 10 years.”

You sound very much like Paul Ryan who tweeted this about those tax savings for the workers he helped enact.

“A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week … she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year,” Ryan tweeted with a link to the full article

A buck fifty a week! Wahoooo! You can get more than that carrying an empty cup down main street with a sign saying “please help”

3 Likes

And to see that the 0.1% and their MSM puppets constantly complain about the proletariat wanting free stuff.

2 Likes

I,m a lower middle class retiree and my tax bill is identical to last year and the tax rate is 10% 12% 12,000.00. President Schmuck lied. Thank you fascist you republican nit wits.

2 Likes

Wonder if anyone tested her for dementia?

0 Likes

Those who earn more and therefore pay more taxes got a larger cut. My own tax cut was about $3,000. A very welcome allowance to keep my own income. But every taxpayer saw a reduction. Promise kept.

0 Likes

A typically fraudulent response. The Republicans did not claim the people would see a tax cut. They claimed that they would see their wages go up as the Corporations and Investor class spent their tax savings on employees. I quoted that paragraph directly from the article for you yet you seemed to simply ignore it again and persist in your double talk.

You sound every bit like a former boss I had. In a Conference call he claimed he had given all employees a raise the year before when wages in fact frozen. As it turned out what he was referring to was the fact that the Government cut taxes.

This was not a raise .

3 Likes

President Donald Trump ’s new tax law aided corporations so radically that twice as many companies paid no federal taxes whatsoever in 2018, despite billions of dollars in profit. Amazon , Netflix , Chevron, Eli Lilly, Delta Airlines, General Motors, IBM and Goodyear were among the tax-free corporate titans , just to name a few.

The study found that 60 of some of the largest publicly held companies paid no taxes — compared with an average of about 30 each year for seven years combined, from 2008 to 2015, before Trump and congressional Republicans passed the tax law that took effect in 2018. The measure heavily favors corporations and the wealthy .

Corporations reaped the benefits of a tax rate slashed from 35% to 21% in Trump’s tax law, and exploited various deductions, tax credits and rebates. The cut in the corporate tax rate alone will save corporations $1.35 trillion over the next 10 years, Trump insisted before his law was passed that the corporate tax cut would pay for itself. But it hasn’t worked out that way. The nation’s budget deficit is now the biggest in history.

0 Likes