Home | About | Donate

On the A-Bomb's 70th Anniversary, Obama Wants to Spend a Trillion Dollars on New Nuclear Weapons

Obama absolutely should give his Nobel Prize back, but our work should focus on systems, not individuals.

We need to organize communities of resistance, plan to dismantle nuclear weapons and convert to a peace economy, and carry out direct action campaigns to disrupt and focus attention on installed war systems.

My head is swimming this Sunday (edit....see I don't even know what day it is apparently) with just trying to find some ballast in my personal life let alone achieving such while keeping tabs on a world gone mad.

"The planes wouldn't be operational until at least 2025." How quaint.

If James Hansen and his fellow climate researchers are correct, and their worse case scenario becomes manifest, then the Pentagon will be quite busy reconfiguring all of its ports by 2025 with by that time sea levels having risen by at least a few feet. If that is the case, the Pentagon will be quite busy as well having been tasked by Obama's NDAA provision to detain and imprison anyone who is freaking out about the injustice of what the US totalitarian state's actions might be relative to controlling a population reeling from flooding of every major coastal city.

Have a great day everyone.

One of the most frightening aspects of all of this as well is from a cultural standpoint relative to the fear of use of nuclear weapons that was ubiquitous in the time of MADD. There is no such cultural underpinning of fear in regard to the use of nuclear weapons today. I think this blase attitude among the general population (including myself actually, as the fear of use of nukes has faded since the duck and cover years of my childhood) likely extends all the way to those still manning those missile silos, where their sheer boredom is at great juxtaposition to the reality that their protocols indeed constitute the open or close position of the locks on the Gates of Hell.

I need another cup of coffee to cheer myself up. Off to the kitchen.

I'm thinking Dr. Seuss' "Cat In the Hat." It was impossible for that Cat to make the spots just disappear, so I'd like to know (John Inatta? or some other pro-nuclear power shill... are you listening?) where these decommissioned weapons--and by that I mean, their radioactive content--just disappears? Is THIS what ends up factoring into the world's 300+ nuclear power plants as "fuel" and what some frauds would call "clean energy?" Where does it go since it will remain dangerously radioactive for many generations.

From the article:

" In 1988, the Soviets had 37,000 nuclear weapons and the United States had 23,000. Today, Russia has an estimated stockpile of 4,500 warheads, of which 1,800 strategic warheads are deployed on missiles and at bomber bases. The United States, meanwhile, has an estimated stockpile of 4,800 warheads. Approximately 2,100 of them are deployed on ballistic missiles or at bomber bases."

Answers?

The Greeks are known for leaving piercing tragedies behind as a component of their literary legacy.

Imagine if human life manages to negotiate this evolutionary cul de sac (where the worst of Neanderthals are in control of civilization's reins)... how this period would be later viewed. Let's apply the perspective to this data as drawn from the article:

"The Air Force is already counting on an updated B61-12 [nuclear] gravity bomb and the Long Range Strike Bomber, the new super-stealthy penetrating bomber," Young pointed out in a blog post earlier this year. "Why exactly do we need both a penetrating bomber with a gravity bomb and a long-range cruise missile that would be carried by the same bomber?"

The point is that all of these future weapons designs savage funds that might be otherwise used to prepare humanity for increasingly calamitous climate change events as tipping point after tipping point escalates to the point where few to no regions will remain habitable. Meanwhile, the military top brass holed up in its underground bunkers will be planning future wars and stroking their phallic weapons while repeating chants of "national security."

Cheap partisan shot. As if the Military Industrial Complex is not supported whole-heartedly by the vast majority of Republican macho wannabe warriors now and in decades past.

If every day you are confronted with threats of terrorism as shoot-outs in public places added to obscene levels of police violence become more common, then your alarm reflex turns off. What you call a blasé attitude represents mostly decent human beings doing what they were put on this earth to do: live, learn, and love! They shut down their response to the constant THREAT of harm... otherwise they would go mad.

The FACT that a segment of the population endowed with sociopathic inclinations that enable them to rule over others with malice, malevolence, and malfeasance manages to do that... using violence in psychological forms of warfare, economic systems, and raw armed military force to maintain THEIR will... is not an honest basis for characterizing the rest of the population.

People just want to live their lives.

Decent human beings are not a good match for armed maniacs. That explains why the anglo-European armed conquistadors took possession of so many other lands and used weapons to subdue the original occupants while also socializing the means for wiping out THEIR cultures and THEIR more peaceful, often natural-world respective ways of life.

Taking the stance of the dominators for the full story of humanity (and what flesh is heir to, along with what possibilities exist for other expressions) argues FOR the paradigm that the maniacal Mars-ruled dominators built!

It's a version of Margaret Thatcher claiming TINA: There is no alternative.

There is. And it would lead to a far more balanced world.

And then there is this:
"Jesus Loves Nukes": Air Force Cites New Testament, Ex-Nazi, to Train Officers on Ethics of Launching Nuclear Weapons
"The United States Air Force has been training young missile officers about the morals and ethics of launching nuclear weapons by citing passages from the New Testament and commentary from a former member of the Nazi Party, according to documents obtained exclusively by Truthout".
"The mandatory Nuclear Ethics and Nuclear Warfare session, which includes a discussion on St. Augustine's "Christian Just War Theory," is led by Air Force chaplains and takes place during a missile officer's first week in training at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California".
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2356:jesus-loves-nukes-air-force-cites-new-testament-exnazi-to-train-officers-on-ethics-of-launching-nuclear-weapons

I was totally blown away watching former Catholic Priest/Author James Carroll's documentary "Constantine's Sword"- James Carroll, the second of five sons of late Air Force General Joseph Carroll (DIA)- At the time, his father was a Special Agent of the FBI, which he remained until being seconded to, and later commissioned by, the US Air Force as an Intelligence Officer in 1948-
Within that documentary Carroll exposed the heavy hand of Catholicism's influence at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs- He also gave an in depth review of that Church's sadistic treatment of the Jews throughout History and the Catholic Church's involvement in the Holocaust- Young Jewish Cadets in Colorado Springs were discriminated against because of this religious influence-
The very thought of Old Testament "End of Times" bullshit being hammered into the heads of those soldiers with their fingers on the Nuclear buttons is enough to make my skin crawl....

How on Earth can the Illuminati, Council on Foreign Relations and the 8-Families of Banking carry out their age old desire of total conquest "One World Government" without our Nuclear Arsenal in tip top shape to vaporize and Carbonize any resistance- This is their Ace in the Hole, that will allow them to make any and all an "Offer they Can't Refuse"-

Obama is sociopatholigical. Insane.

For that, the US public loves him.

China is smiling.

Russia hopes China loves the Russians.

Everybody else is nervous.

Remember when the days were long
And rolled beneath a deep blue sky
Didn't have a care in the world
With mommy and daddy standin' by
But "happily ever after" fails
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers dwell on small details
Since daddy had to fly

But I know a place where we can go
That's still untouched by men
We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by
And the tall grass wave in the wind
You can lay your head back on the ground
And let your hair fall all around me
Offer up your best defense
But this is the end
This is the end of the innocence

O' beautiful, for spacious skies
But now those skies are threatening
They're beating plowshares into swords
For this tired old man that we elected king
Armchair warriors often fail
And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales
The lawyers clean up all details
Since daddy had to lie

But I know a place where we can go
And wash away this sin
We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by
And the tall grass wave in the wind
Just lay your head back on the ground
And let your hair spill all around me
But this is the end

Who knows how long this will last
Now we've come so far, so fast
But, somewhere back there in the dust
That same small town in each of us
I need to remember this
So baby give me just one kiss
And let me take a long last look
Before we say goodbye

Just lay your head back on the ground
And let your hair fall all around me
But this is the end
Lyrics to 'End Of The Innocence' by Don Henley

Siouxrose what in the hell are you lecturing me about? Projecting onto my remark that I'm taking the side of "the dominators", is seriously the worst offense I've received on this forum. You are deluded if you actually think you have read my mind in regard to my intent in using the word "blase".

Your mind reading couldn't be more errant in this instance.

It blows my mind you have the nerve to cast my comment in this light when you know full well that I'm on the side of those who are fighting against this rise of fascism, of the inverted totalitarian state, of the rise of the oligarchs in service to the Deep State, et al.

But no, to you with this one comment I've turned into some devil "taking the stance of the dominators for the full story of humanity"!

Not only that, but with my one comment you have turned me into someone who "argues FOR the paradigm that the maniacal Mars-ruled dominators built!"

And if that wasn't enough, you have caste me in the same ilk as Margaret Thatcher!

Speaking of TINA. Next time you might consider that there is an alternative intent behind a post that you read, other than the one you project onto such a post, especially in the light of a person who has made hundreds of posts from which you can better glean such intent.

So I'm on the side of the dominators in your mind now eh? Better start keeping track of the times that I post.

That's not "mind reading," it's knee jerking.

Susan Rose's jerking knee knows no limits.

Buckle up, rough ride ahead...! Still, we can and must stay focused and work together to weather the Storm!

The united states of hypocrisy is leader of the pack...of life draining demons bent on World dominance; and led by the obombinator! May the light and power of good, compassionate people have power to triumph over this deadly insanity!

I am not a doom and gloom person, but I could not help but agree that we are closer to nuclear war now more than ever. But I would add, even more than when the cold war ended because Russia is now on the radar screen of many of our insane leaders, like Nuland, Graham, the most insane McCain and too many others to name.

From my perspective, Amerika is in the war business and that includes the nuclear war business, but of course I would hope to hell that my perspective is wrong!

The night is darkest before the dawn! We are/can be, part of bringing that dawn!

Deleted by me in A fleeting moment of civility-

I can only hope that "good" will conquer "Evil" becase if this is not in the stars, then the "Moral Arch of the Universe" has been shafted and damaged beyond all repair- But then again, for Evil to reign, all it takes is for good men to do nothing about it- So, just maybe the Onus is on us-