Home | About | Donate

'Once Again, Hurting Children': GAO Approves Trump's Plan to Take $7 Billion Back From Kids' Health Program

'Once Again, Hurting Children': GAO Approves Trump's Plan to Take $7 Billion Back From Kids' Health Program

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) on Tuesday approved President Donald Trump's "despicable" proposal to slash more than $7 billion from the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which helps impoverished families cover the cost of healthcare for their kids.

No one cares
No one is going to stop this
bodies in the street are next
I’ll be one of them
so will you soon enough

I’m poor almost 60 in very challenged health ( I lost healthcare I had in California when because of a load of life situation landed me in my home state that has zero safety net) and my family can only sustain my expenses for so long and all of this terrifies me. Soon my SNAP benefits will arrive in a box I can’t carry full of garbage I won’t want to eat, and I’ll be forced to into some job at minimum wage, killing my aspirations for somehow making my own way with a new trade skill I’ve been working at the last two years.

I’m praying my abscess tooth infection doesn’t come back (after 2 weeks of home care based on self prescribed large doses of denial of the severity of pain and risk I finally went in for a “mini exam” so I could get some antibiotics) before I finally succumb to making that appointment for one root canal with crown and one extraction that a family member will sign a 60 month loan for, so if I’m a very good person and pay 70 bucks a month, I can pay off over 4,000 on a procedure that costs over 2,600 fucking bucks.

How the fuck can a poor person EVER get out of the black hole once you’re in?

I’m sick, I’m tired, and I’m feeling like my future is very bleak indeed. I know myself. I will not last on the streets. The chicken won’t be doing posts from the public library.

But compared to many, I’m lucky.

Cluck.

The truth is, and was, that the trump/R’Con tax cuts were designed for the very rich, including the trump crime family, NOT for the 99%.

I have often said and written that for every dollar those despicable “cuts” gifted the Uber-Wealthy, a dollar will be taken, one way or another, out of the pockets of those least able to afford it…from kids and seniors, from students and workers, from homeowners and renters, from all the “little people” that trump so callously dismisses and despises, he is truly a sociopath of great evil and ignorance…malleable by the last person to influence his mental shallowness, ignorance, and stupidity.

The rich get richer and can well afford the costs of life in America as so many millions cannot, can well afford to buy-up media, property, resources, influence, and government…buy up candidates, elections and legislation to get even richer in their greed and self-interest! THAT is what we are witnessing today!

The trump regime is a criminal enterprise, conceived in greed and accomplished by wealth, while the "little people "pay for it…one way or another!

In his own words: “let’s get the stupid SOB out of office for treason”.

So, 5 of the 7 billion is money that was was previously authorized, but the authorization has expired. There is no “legal” way for the government to spend the money. The remaining 2 billion is a reduction to a CHIP slush fund that is not expected to required. So these cuts do not take any money or health care from a single child.

I wonder what the GOP thinking here is? That “children of poor parents don’t deserve healthcare because their parents are poor because they are lazy”? Or are they thinking that “cutting child health care funding will encourage the children to stop being lazy and to get a job”?

So, what’s next? Repealing child labor laws so that 4 year old children can get jobs like working in a coal mine?

Where’s the family values of this country? down the toilet?

That’s what they want you to think. And you are being a very obedient serf for thinking so.

I’ll be out there with you Ditton. At least you won’t be alone.

The children are sacred in the womb, but apparently once they are out they are fair game.

America you suck. In the end it is your ignorance and apathy that allowed all of this to happen. As always the poor and downtrodden are the first victims…

trump just doesn’t care for kids

Capitalism just doesn’t care for kids—or anybody else—except as consumers and laborers.

We are all the Native American –

We will all be “Katrina’d” –

Fascists do what they do because they can do it and get away with it.

Does anyone imagine that we can control or STOP any of the crimes
committed daily by these fascists?

Any way that we can protect these children?

We have NO LEVERAGE of any kind over this government.

We cannot STOP anything – least of all war and the continuing damage it is
doing to citizens of other nations or to children.

Dan –

There are many people who just can’t handle the reality we are
being faced with.

In the end, we may be very like the Germans of WWII, but it’s even worse
for us because we had their example to warn us.

We must say, however, that Americans have been just as propagandized
as the Russians have been – over their life times – the only difference is
that the American public didn’t know it.

Right wing propaganda does work – lies work.

It Is getting kinda odd around here. Don’t think it’s just me either.

Wish I were in the Rez and not here.

I am in the same bed of nails out in the middle of the desert with no healthcare. The drive to my Doc is 35/40 minutes. And I’m 67, disabled since 93. I don’t have any answers, just a ton of questions. Though it sounds trite, you aren’t alone.

I understand. But the difference this time is that the information is available. There has been no book burning yet. They are just now getting around to outright censoring the truth. Ultimately a person or society has to take responsibility for it’s shortcomings.

It may bother you that I attack the ignorant but as I see it, I am forced to live in a world largely of their creation. I am subjected to the catastrophic results of their not making an effort to learn…as far as I am concerned, I am the damn victim.