Home | About | Donate

Once Again, the Right Hijacks That Old-Time Religion

Once Again, the Right Hijacks That Old-Time Religion

Bill Moyers, Michael Winship

A new museum in Washington reminds us that the Good Book is subject to interpretation — and abuse.

Visitors listen to a "living history interpreter," in the old Jerusalem exhibit at the Museum of the Bible which opened to the public on Nov. 18, 2017 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post via Getty Images)

If God had one thing to say to Humanity she would say you have got me all wrong .

namaste

HEY MR MOYERS, When are you going to out the murderous LBJ. your former boss. His complicity in the death of JFK changed America for the worse. We are still suffering the effects fifty years later. Constant war is the issue of our time and the resources wasted on the MIC. Until you out that bastard, shut the ---- up !

Noted in the article is how looting in one of those wars ended up enshrined In a Museum in Washington D.C. I think that is on point.

“More recently, the founders of the museum were forced to relinquish thousands of artifacts because they were smuggled out of Iraq via the United Arab Emirates. Notably Hobby Lobby neglected to confirm where the artifacts had been stored. Hobby Lobby was forced to relinquish 5,500 artifacts and to pay a $3 million settlement.[31][32] The Justice Department discussed archaeological looting in Iraq:”

We could add:

• Advancing the war on drugs

• Criminalizing medical marijuana patients

• Doing everything possible to increase the # of private prisons, and increase the already inhumane, world leading imprisonment rate of its own citizenry.

I’ve searched for anything written about Moyers during his time with Johnson with respect to the Vietnam war which is the point that would most annoy me - did Moyers help to sell that war to the American public? I can find the back and forth between Slate and Moyers on the issue of Hoover and Johnson investigating homosexuals and Moyers having a coordinating role - a serious issue for sure, but not the same level as selling that horrendous war.

For me, the topic of his story here isn’t very interesting. The Good Book getting hijacked is hardly how I would characterize it. A lousy book has plenty of crap that can be exploited by bad people sure. There is a lot more interesting news than this stupid museum.

Excellent article, Mr. Moyers! The fact that this museum is in Washington, D.C. is not surprising at all. It is, however, very disturbing.

: “Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people”.----- Karl Marx

Half the Bible was written by men and the other half fake news to control the masses .

Quote from god