Home | About | Donate

One of Those Bombshell Days': Like Nixon in '74, Ken Starr Wonders If GOP Senators Ready to Call for Trump Resignation

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/20/one-those-bombshell-days-nixon-74-ken-starr-wonders-if-gop-senators-ready-call-trump

1 Like

Starr sez, “From what I’ve been able to glean, I don’t think that’s going to happen.”

If it could lead to a President Pelosi (see today’s related article), you can bet your bippy it won’t happen. I suspect the R game plan is to run out the clock just before Election Day 2020 and let the chips fall where they may.

4 Likes

Republican politicians, judges and factotums are a plague upon the country.

8 Likes

Trump would not resign.
Reality TV actor’s job is to make you cry.
If he does, he wins !!

3 Likes

update at 1:40 pm eastern time
Ken Starr, live on el foxy, says it is ‘muddy.
And impeachment cannot be successful in muddy.’

el foxy happy to use eye candy to draw viewers just sitting around sipping coffee, pepsi or beer.

Does anyone else think that the orange pig in chief’s trip to the hospital this past weekend was anything other than a fall back plan in case the hearings went all sideways this week against him and they could trot out the ol’, oh my, poor el presidente’ is ill and must resign the office?

8 Likes

“From what I’ve been able to glean, I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Starr aded.

I don’t think so either: He will have to first get past Nunes. Especially.

2 Likes

That was my very first thought!! Giving himself options…

2 Likes

Since when did Ken Starr become the oracle on all things impeachment? This guy couldn’t catch a dog licking its balls. He found nothing on Clinton, that is until that dumb assed hillbilly lied under oath and got himself impeached.

However, I can’t help but notice how the ship is making a slow turn. Every day Fox features some other personality that appears to be trying to lead their viewership of slack jawed yokels and frightened old people away from Trump. Towards what, I could not say. But as this republican death ship slows, it sure feels like they are about to jettison all extra ballast in a last desperate attempt to salvage some hope for 2020. Who all that ballast encompasses is yet to be seen. However, I can all but guarantee Trump is at the top of the list. Pence may no longer be viable, but I think the GOP has resigned themselves now to losing the White House and House. The best they can hope for is to hold onto the senate, and try to stop the bleeding at the state level.
But lets face it. In the end the GOP knew this coup had a shelf life. Besides, they have gotten everything they wanted in the last 35 years, and now have a court system to protect it for another generation.
In short, no matter what happens in that hearing room in the next couple of weeks, we are fucked.

8 Likes

Problem is he can’t resign. As soon as he does the NYSD (probably others too) jumps in and Caligula and his crime family spend the decades in court - fine/jail - court fine/jail… cycle.

5 Likes

Trump will have a Heart Attack soon, and will never be seen again by anyone except Epstein and some young women on a private Island.

6 Likes

Ho-hum.

I still love that conservadem wet dream about a president Pelosi. It would take a well placed plane crash or the simultaneous impeachment of both Trump and Pence for that to happen (and you’d sooner get a job in a pie factory testing them than see that)
No, let’s just slay one dragon at a time.

If this were to happen (resignation), and I don’t think Trumps ego or as Phred points out above, future court battles, will allow it, but if it does, dems need to immediately reset and go after Pence. There’s enough evidence now, and will maybe make him rethink a pardon for Trump. After that, lets kill Pompeo’s future political asperations in KS. as well.

3 Likes

I still haven’t heard if anyone credible ever saw Epstein body

; -)

5 Likes

The unexpected thing about this is the way “the Gordon problem” just exploded all over just about “everybody in the loop.” The damage (from the exposure of their abject duplicity) is widespread now, and spreading. From my reading of how the tenor of the times tends to go in moments like this, it looks like time for rats to start jumping ship.

I’ve heard scuttlebutt that Orangeman’s new hate-fest target is Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who disloyally failed to prevent some of his people from talking.

3 Likes

SO. MOTE. IT. BE. !!!

1 Like

Lots of thoughts to ponder, BB. I might agree.

And I love your “couldn’t catch a dog…”. Gonna remember that one!

Maybe you’re right. He’s devious enough to come up with that, as are many of his surrounding psychophantic enablers. The World Mental Health Coalition (Dangerous Case group) are seeing evidence of physical and mental decline in his appearance and performances. Here’s hoping he’s heading straight into apoplexy, stroke, and/or straitjacket in a padded room.

1 Like