Home | About | Donate

One Small Step for the Web…

One Small Step for the Web…

Tim Berners-Lee

I’ve always believed the web is for everyone. That’s why I and others fight fiercely to protect it. The changes we’ve managed to bring have created a better and more connected world. But for all the good we’ve achieved, the web has evolved into an engine of inequity and division; swayed by powerful forces who use it for their own agendas.

Today, I believe we’ve reached a critical tipping point, and that powerful change for the better is possible — and necessary.

1 Like

Decentralization is the key.

Direct Democracy

1 Like

People seem to over look or forget the lessons learned by Ben Franklin, so sad.

I look forward to Solid, security and contributing where possible.

1 Like

To Mr. Tim Berners-Lee:

Thank you so much for your many great efforts on behalf of We, the common People!

The internet should be democratic, egalitarian, and safe for the public – not controlled by oligarchic monopolies and government and corporate spies!

2 Likes

100% agree.

1 Like

Tim Berners-Lee delivered his first web standards as an open source, with no intention or direct impact to his personal financial enrichment. It is a historical fact and civic act that has stayed in the shadows mostly. But, Berners-Lee over the years has compromised way much more than he should have on web standards, and more recently, and more importantly, on the DRM standards. The FSF has much info on this.

Thanks, ReconFire.

Has California Governor Brown signed the net neutrality legislation yet ?

Dear Tim Berners-Lee:
I think you are the real Santa. I love you and your work! THANK YOU! : )