Home | About | Donate

One Thing Very Certain After Election Day: 'Coronavirus Spreading Like Wildfire'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/04/one-thing-very-certain-after-election-day-coronavirus-spreading-wildfire

4 Likes

Hearing Trump on the radio, his breathing sounded bad—maybe he finally really got Covid?

6 Likes

the seven-day average of daily new cases surpassed 86,000

…with a very nice caseload trajectory graphic to accompany it. For perspective, this is not only the highest ever for USA, it’s about to exceed the highest ever for any country: India’s 93,000/day:

~https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

USA’s outbreak, especially around the Dakotas and Wisconsin, forges ahead into uncharted waters, with the most ubiquitous community infections on Earth. It takes exceptional US American arrogance (and filth) to ascend past 1/3 or 1/2 test-positivity.

A brief history of USA COVID-19 cases (latest CDC numbers):

> WEEK    9 WEEKS              CASES
>         ENDING          NEW       TOTAL
> 
>   9.  02/25/2020          15          15
>  18.  04/28/2020   1,005,132   1,005,147
>  27.  06/30/2020   1,619,726   2,624,873
>  36.  09/01/2020   3,422,819   6,047,692
>  45.  11/03/2020   3,309,553   9,357,245
6 Likes

“[N]early half of the country thinks that ‘U.S. efforts to contain the coronavirus pandemic are going… very well or somewhat well’.”

President Donald Trump "actually performed better this year than he did in 2016 in counties with high Covid-19 death rates… despite [his] brazen negligence in handling the coronavirus.

Mind boggling stupidity or is it the death wish?

9 Likes

One (OR ALL) can only hope…
Uncle KARMA can do wonders, can’t it!

2 Likes

I’ll take door #1 Giovanna.

A venerable measure of sincere devotion is whether one is willing to sacrifice one’s own life in furtherance of “the cause.” Ruth Coniff, commenting on her fellow Wisconsonians this morning, correctly identified “the cause” as Caste, in the sense articulated by Isabel Wilkerson. Coniff takes issue with those who suggest people around there vote “against their own interests” – their most sacred interest, the one they’re quite literally willing to die for, is the preservation of their superior caste.

8 Likes

Hi Giovanna_Lepore:
I am beginning to think that Americans are like many from older nations who believe that because THEY are related to someone famous—that they, by extension must also be famous and important too. “Act as if,” someone famous once said. : (

Bobby, the outcome might be the same. Right now I am thinking of the millions of people who have NO access to healthcare in US America as they don’t have insurance…Then the millions facing homelessness which can’t be good either in containing this virus in addition to all the suffering that comes with being homeless. I experienced this situation personally. It is not an enviable situation.

8 Likes

The former often leads to fulfillment of the latter.

1 Like

Scamdemic released by the globalist banksters to finish the dying dollar

1 Like

Perhaps it is the Democrats (Yes, I voted for Biden).

I wrote in “Coronavirus” for president. Why vote for the lesser of two evils when you can vote for the least of three?

3 Likes

Sooooooo…Trump’s trying to kill off the dollar, too?

Ambitious git, ain’t he.

2 Likes

Maybe the Fuhrer will croak in a whining last gasp of desperate tweets and Biden claiming victory will be the last sound he ever hears.

1 Like

As have I, Giovanna. Fortunately, I was not (completely) killed about fifty years ago while wearing a uniform I was programmed into believing was RIGHT at the time, so I have 100% VA disability. I fight at every opportunity to get EVERYONE in this country single-payer health CARE (Not insurance) that those who HAVE IT and refuse to vote it in enjoy without shame.

It seems that there are three factions in this country:
1.) The greed-driven.
2.) Those in power who do not know WHY they are supposed to be there.
3.) The morons who support their (and our) own destruction and stop progress.

5 Likes

While those of “lesser caste” continue to eat propaganda, do no “fact-finding”, and , yes, VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN INTEREST. Of course in this presidential election as in the last, voting either way is “a vote against their own interest”. Oliar, Clyburn, and their loser cronies made damned sure of that!

2 Likes

Ah, an election circle-jerk wrapped in a pandemic on a planet in the throes of an anthropogenic extinction event. Sleep well. It’ll all be there in the morning.

4 Likes

Actually a lot of this is motivated by a subconscious drive to compensate for low self esteem.

2 Likes

I just saw an utterly suspicious statistical anomaly. The CDC’s reported new case numbers dropped like a rock in the five or so days leading up to election day on Tuesday. Then as of today, Wednesday, they exploded back upward. At least according to CDC statistics, two or three days ago no state in the union reported that their cases were accelerating. Today all but four states report an acceleration. My current acceleration numbers are, as usual, at ~http://quakerworks.net/statecoronavirusstatistics.htm

The only thing in my memory resembling this seeming election day miracle was a misbegotten newspaper headline in the back of the Columbia Journalism Review: “Pope Views Quake Area; Death Toll Drops.”

1 Like