Home | About | Donate

Onetime Rival Endorses Ellison for DNC Chair

Good luck then. You make the choice in your district. I hope your coalition is big enough to make a difference. Otherwise, the Republicans, who do have reliable voters and a strong coalition, appreciate your efforts. I won’t be that person anymore because in my red district all it has done is get a guy who is voting for the Ryan budget elected. My goal is not to have his budget become law and undue it if it does. Someday, maybe, perfection will blossom, but right now it ain’t happening.

1 Like

Well, it was Perez who kindly advised Hillary Clinton to paint Sanders as vaguely racist white guy.

Anyone who supports Perez supports the horrible neo-liberal establishment which has destroyed the middle and working class.

7 Likes

Perez proved himself a ‘Puppet’ as soon as he reversed his comment about the system being rigged.

How can anyone respect or trust a politician that succumbs to the ‘Almighty Dollar’ in place of their own integrity?

6 Likes

I wonder what Sanders’s campaign had to say about Clinton in private? Bet they strategized to paint her certain ways. We know they told the Times they were willing to hurt her even though Bernie had no chance of winning in May. But let’s ignore that, right? Jesus, it was a tough primary.

Your other comment is just more uninformed garbage talk because you want a scalp and would rather fight allies than Republicans. Good luck building your winning coalition. Perez has an excellent record as a community and labor organizer, head of the civil rights division of the Justice Department, and labor secretary. Maybe you should read about him instead of ideological blather written just to peak your emotions.

1 Like

Then it is not your concern who is chair of the DNC. Isn’t it hard to suck your thumb and shake your fist at the same time?

I get the feeling many commenters here do not engage in such activity. They earnestly want the result but disdain the struggle.

1 Like

Maybe you should take a course in ‘Ethics’ and learn the values of honesty and integrity when faced with political corruption.

6 Likes

He ran in the Democratic primaries and caucuses for a reason. Because that’s where the votes were. Overwhelmingly Democrats, not “former democrats”. He did very well. Most of his voters then supported Clinton, as he did. A fraction sat on their hands or voted Green. The rest of us can not wait for such people to stop sulking.

1 Like

The open empty arms of the Green Party. There are over 7,000 state legislator positions in this country. A large number filled in one candidate elections. No need to even be a “third party” in many elections. Despite this of those more than 7000 positions maybe 16 are filled by third party members or independents. Maybe you can persuade Stein to release some of her millions to support real reform candidates. Has there been an audit?

If that’s all it takes to become a sell out, sign me up. In the real world, the hard right has complete power and we need to build our own coalition to counteract theirs and win back legislatures and Congress. I’ll happily take an ally who says something wrong on occasion over an opponent in power that wants to gut the rest of the Voting Rights Act.

2 Likes

Stop Corey Booker. In fact primary him for his Senate seat. Not his pharma vote. A shallow opportunist from the first.

6 Likes

Well, his constituents (voters not funders) should go to his next public appearance or townhall meeting and chant “We want your health care! We want your health care!” If that catches on it will spread across the political spectrum. People are sick to death (literally) of these smug, phony, pampered so-called representatives.

2 Likes

Me too for Ellison

They refuse to learn; they had the Third Way dems at their most recent retreat. Can’t imagine many progressive-for-the-people ideas were hashed out at that event.

1 Like

As they used to say on Monty Python, you could stop blowing farts in our general direction. “Such People” are leaving your decadent losing party in droves.

2 Likes

Pompous are you?

2 Likes

Yoga be you?

Reflected in the enormous political success of the Green Party.

1 Like

In a test between an ethics course and a history course, I’ll take the lessons in the history course. I’ve actual argued with philosophers.

1 Like

None ever provided.