Home | About | Donate

'Only Hours Left' to Stop Senate From Giving Trump Expanded Warrantless Spying Power

'Only Hours Left' to Stop Senate From Giving Trump Expanded Warrantless Spying Power

Jake Johnson, staff writer

"Every member of Congress is going to have to decide whether to protect Americans' privacy, and shield vulnerable communities from unconstitutional targeting, or to leave unconstitutional spying authority in Trump's—and Jeff Sessions'—hands."

If I were a senator, I’d only vote for this if I knew for sure that I had a personal exemption.

Let the NSA and the FBI spy on the net without a warrant?

Many people criticized me for calling Trump a nascent Amerikan, Hitler when he was elected POTUS a year ago. One has to wonder how bad it will have to get before that realization sets in!

But whatever you do, don’t ever question…oh, never mind.

When realization sets in–if ever–it won’t matter because “We the People” are only fed the “illusion” of power and control over what happens in this country. Remember: The Constitution is just “a damned piece of paper.”

Exactly, Chicken…why bother.

I’ve learned to be cryptic around these parts, or any parts, or else.

Sen. Wyden is leading the fight against this. I can’t imagine Sen. Merkley will vote for final passage of this abomination, as currently written.

The powers in charge will never give up what they have without blood, spying on citizens was one of Bush II’s gifts that keep the blood flowing out of honest citizens. They will continue this honored tradition indefinitely for sure. And when there needs for citizens to be rounded up and…well, the unspeakable, the tools will already be in place to expedite the process. All they’ll need to do is fix the trains and convert the coal fired plants to…

I would like to see a list of those that vote against this travesty of a re-authorization. Short I’m sure.

That’s the nut of the discussion. “To leave…”

Clinton started this after the first World Trade Center bombing. Since then the Dems and Repubs alike have simply kept, and added to, this desecration of the Constitution.

If it were Trump alone, it’d be a lot easier to stop but this has decades of support by both parties.
Oh yeah, and anyone who thinks Hillary would have stopped this is an idiot.

Good oblique comment on their hubris.

Ay, Shanti…and when it does sink in, then what? Well, the good news is that those of us who called it early on and people rolled their eyes at us are now seeing the word “fascism” in a lot more places.

If one can say anything good about Trump, it is that he is becoming more and more transparent as a fascist and racist. But of course his base still love him!

The dictionary description of “Fascist”, isn’t “Anything I don’t like”.
Seriously, grow up.

Obama using the coercive power of government in service to the insurance companies is a textbook example of Fascism.

It doesn’t matter anymore if his base loves him or not.

1–I’ve been warning people out loud about fascism here since the day the PATRIOT Act was passed. I’ve no love lost for Obomber, but you have to admit that compared to Dump and the Cabal Cabinet, he looks pretty good. At least he’s got a measurable IQ and can speak presidentially, lies, but presidential sounding.

2–please google ‘The 14 Characteristics of Fascism.’ We are IN it whether you want to admit it or not.

Why not?

I don’t see that it matters. I certainly don’t see that he cares.

The sooner he unravels in a press conference or a public appearance, the better. And it’s a’comin’.