Home | About | Donate

Ordering Search for Sponsor, Appeals Court Further Delays Jane Doe's Fight to Have An Abortion

Ordering Search for Sponsor, Appeals Court Further Delays Jane Doe's Fight to Have An Abortion

Julia Conley, staff writer

While the government acknowledges the girl's constitutional right to an abortion, it's barring her from the procedure simply because it refuses to "facilitate" an abortion for the 17-year-old

Justice in America:

Your Honor,

We have chained this girl to a pipe in the basement to prevent her from getting an abortion during the legally allowable period when she can obtain one.

We believe that unchaining her so that she may exercise her right under the law amounts to affirmative action.

We have denied everyone who came forward to help unchain her.

We believe we have done nothing wrong."

Court: Clearly, you’ve done nothing wrong. Now, if someone wishes to free her of her chains in time for her to exercise her clear legal right --and, of course, if you approve of that person temporarily doing so-- then I order you to see if you can find such a person."

Oh, the horror! The horror!

I didn’t think a 17 year old girl could give consent for sex, where is the other responsible person. This is not what I picture as family planning. These are more like factory farming policies.

Oh, the horror! The horror! Correct. If this young woman lived in a healthy country we would not have this conversation; however, America, is an un-healthy. and ill country these days!

Lives begins before 18. Sure people vanish, and family planning does not always cross peoples thought processes. Factory farming is discusting when compared to human lives. Sorry, I can’t cope with that, no can do…

The “right” in this country is dead wrong, on nearly every issue.

My point is all these laws being applied to JD as a minor female all seems a bit one sided. Similar to the forced reproduction of sentient beings in a factory farm. It is not right in either case. Given a choice neither would be where they are.

This makes me wonder, also. If this happened while in government custody, there may be things we don’t know, possibly involving someone in a position of authority. Just saying it’s possible. It is Texas, after all.

Well at least she has legal support to help sort this out. There are troubling statistics about social and political norms in Texas not to mention a growing national obsession with reproductive rights of women.

And again, old, men with withered, dangling testicles and the DOI (Department Of Injustice) are dictating the limits of women’s health care while ignoring constitutional rights. Couldn’t a country with civilized abortion access like Canada, Sweden, Denmark, Tunisia or China agree to sponsor the girl? Remember to drop the “pro-life” tag the reich wants and use “forced birthers”, “forced maternity” or “chained maternity”. Words matter.

What does “sponsor” mean in this case?
The article assumes that I know what that means and I don’t.

Is there still any question in anyone’s mind that preventing abortion is a means of holding females hostage
… for the benefit of Elites?

fern –

Suppose this girl had been raped and that was the cause of the pregnancy …

would you still deny her an abortion?

What difference her age now? If she were 10 years old would you deny her an abortion?

If she were 14 years old?

Godless —

Re “Pro-life” label which is pretty much meaningless as they rarely mention
that there is the life of the pregnant female involved …

In this case it’s a 17 year old female whose life did begin at conception and who
has a right to an abortion.

White-supremacist males are still fighting women for the right to control
child-bearing and the lives of females.

fern –

In domesticating/exploiting animals – or chaining animals or herding animals – males scared
the hell out of themselves when they realized how little is involved in the male end of procreation.

Actually, the bull doesn’t even have to be present any longer.

Since then, males have warred on Nature for putting everything to do with child-bearing in the
hands of females – and they have warred on females because of it.

This is, of course, all based in their paranoia and fear which imo causes their violence.

Meanwhile, NATURE is pro-choice having given women/families plants which are our natural
medicines and drugs which could be used by women to interrupt conception, as birth control,
and to permanently end fertility if they wished. All of those plants were destroyed by patriarchy.

Some of the knowledge that women had of these plants – and many other plants – still
survives. Some of the plants still survive and one of them is the basis for RU486, if I recall correctly.

I was suggesting that having sex with someone that is not old enough to give consent is rape. We don’t know her story up to this point and it is really none of our business. We are being asked to consider what is the right or wrong way to feel about this without the usual knowledge of family or close friend. If she is old enough to consent then she is old enough to decide what happens next.

I very much agree that women have lost some of their knowledge and most certainly their power to heal themselves.

Fern –

The age of consent here is 16.

And even a 10 year old girl would have the right to an abortion – even if no other family
member supported the decision.

And usually that is the case in what is the most usual and often cases of sexual abuse of
children – sexual abuse by males – father sexually abusing a daughter.
Or step-father sexually abusing a daughter.

In some cases, it is sexual abuse of a son.

I very much agree that women have lost some of their knowledge and most certainly their power to heal themselves.

Specifically, fern, they lost the power to control their own bodies and whether or not to bear a child.

How long was the US without the right to birth control? Went late into the 1960’s.

Thanks for that information. I personally feel they (we) lost more than that if you look at other cultural traditions. Women, maybe not all women have historically practiced some form of birth control but sometime before the 1960s it became the provenance of male dominated society to this day or point of incarceration. Why isn’t the male being incarcerated as well if we think this is a judicial matter (which I don’t) Did he have to take remedial classes in reproduction or human sexuality? In this story he is an absent sperm donor.

fern –

I personally feel they (we) lost more than that if you look at other cultural traditions.

I meant … specific to this conversation – they have lost the power to control
their own bodies and whether or not to bear a child.

but… we have all lost a great deal as women were moved out of medicine, especially
as midwives, but also importantly with their knowledge of plants/drugs - natural remedies.

Women, maybe not all women have historically practiced some form of birth control
but sometime before the 1960s it became the provenance of male dominated society to this day or point of incarceration.
Why isn’t the male being incarcerated as well if we think this is a judicial matter (which I don’t)

Literally, before 1972, only married couples had the right to use birth control…

A little history of it for anyone interested …

1938 In a case involving Margaret Sanger, a judge lifted the federal ban on birth control, ending the Comstock era. Diaphragms, also known as womb veils, became a popular method of birth control.

1950 While in her 80s, Sanger underwrote the research necessary to create the first human birth control pill. She raised $150,000 for the project.

1960 The first oral contraceptive, Enovid, was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as contraception.

1965 The Supreme Court (in Griswold v. Connecticut) gave married couples the right to use birth control, ruling that it was protected in the Constitution as a right to privacy. However, millions of unmarried women in 26 states were still denied birth control.

1968 FDA approved intrauterine devices (IUDs), bringing early versions like the Lippes Loop and Copper 7 to market.

1970 Feminists challenged the safety of oral contraceptives (the Pill) at well-publicized Congressional hearings. As a result, the formulation of the Pill was changed, and the package insert for prescription drugs came into being.

1972 The Supreme Court (in Baird v. Eisenstadt) legalized birth control for all citizens of this country, irrespective of marital status.

http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/health-info/a-brief-history-of-birth-control/

Oh my, this is great. I will get back to this as I have an appointment. Thanks.