Home | About | Donate

Oregon Senator Vows Amendment to Bar Trump From Sending 'Paramilitary Squads Onto American Streets'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/19/oregon-senator-vows-amendment-bar-trump-sending-paramilitary-squads-american-streets

5 Likes

This is part of a coordinated strategy of Trump’s White House to use federal troops to bolster his sagging polling data

This is no doubt true… but consider that these troops are just tuning up for the main event(s) to come later.

7 Likes

He is certainly losing favour:

~https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/19/donald-trump-presidential-election-joe-biden-coronavirus-pandemic

3 Likes

Democracies BY DESIGN configure governance as an open ended set of guidelines that are reasoned for the greater good of the DEMOS who must negotiate their resolution to hold until the next instance of negotiation. When a narcissist comes along with a narcissistic agenda (think thousands of years of forcing it on and into the fabric of a society) each of the alternatives that can be identified becomes a target for the greed and takeover.

Given the presence of private militias such as Blackwater brother of the Secretary of Education (sic or sick) we must exercise equal rigor to counter the rot.

Democracy is decided by EVERY choice we make.

I am another yourself.

8 Likes

Here is a link “Republican Voters Against Trump” from that article:

~https://rvat.org/

You’ve gotta see it. There’s hundreds of republicans saying they won’t be voting for Trump. Amazing!

8 Likes

Trump administration from deploying federal law enforcement to U.S. streets

This should actually say any administration, no? Also, given what a racist Trump actually is and his entire administration has demonstrated its repeated intention of undoing anything connected with any legacy–weak as it is–of Obama, first Black President, and the capture of US America not only buy corporations but by Confederate disproportionate power (think Mitch) let’s recall both L B J (democrat) and Eisenhower (republican) both sent in federal troops albeit to integrate schools in the south and protect civil rights march. Perhaps Oregon is different? In Oregon these protestors have the first amendment on their side as the civil rights marchers in Alabama did too when LBJ was president. But, just like FDR having had 4 terms this too will be an excuse for this WH fascist-in-chief who actually evaded the draft so another could go and die in his place.

This issue of state rights vs. federal government rights continues. We really do need to start thinking of a peoples National Constitutional Convention to re-imagine this racist capitalist nation.

Tomorrow, Monday, July 20 is Strike For Black Lives–be out in the streets.

6 Likes

This will be stalled,tabled, buried and IF it did pass, the election will be over and he will either lose or refuse to leave ignoring the “illegal” election and that will result in more lawsuits, stalls and more of these secret police in the cities and states making mass arrests of all those protesting, agitating, failing to kneel to him AND that will be thousands of civilians, politicians, etc. DT knows these SS/Gestapo tactics are illegal, or he would have them in uniforms identifying who they are, and what department they are with. They aren’t. They don’t have name tags, only a emblem stating:Police. These are beyond SWAT units and are dressed as an occupying force ready for all-out war. They are meant to intimidate and put fear into everyone. it does 't seem to be working but is making everyone more angry. That being said, this is a message from DT of what is coming fairly quickly. And for the record, all those stating DT must be defeated by a landslide,to get him out of the White House is wishful thinking. He is going to declare it illegal no matter what and refuse to depart. Guess what? The Dems are powerless and the RP couldn’t care less about “illegalities”, or the Constitution. He wants martial law, his enforcers, nameless and faceless, on all our streets. Think Nazi Germany as it seized all of Europe in WW2 and worse. Keep telling yourself it can’t happen here as he disappears thousands.in his madness to purge everyone who is disloyal. Those kissing his ass won’t be safe either.

4 Likes

I sure would like to see what happens if the governor orders the state police to arrest the unidentified “federal” officers.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t characterize it as “amazing” after what our idiot-in-chief has done. It’s what I would expect from an educated electorate.

1 Like

I live in Portland. What we are experiencing is a low level insurgency, “a color revolution” backed by deep state actors like the CIA and Mossad. Portland is being destroyed, very similar to how the US and Israeli backed insurgency attacked Syria and the town of Aleppo. This insurgency is not for the liberation of Portland but its subjugation and destruction. Powerful players are helping the insurgency, which explains why, that despite over 400 arrests, for arson, assault, riot etc… no one has been prosecuted or put in jail, au contrare they have been released within hours, to resume their paid work. We will know if Trump is truly opposed to this destruction when the FBI starts to arrest some of the antifa ring leaders, or not…

2 Likes

Good to see, but there are some scary comments there, especially referencing the judicial appointments.
Like Jennifer: “There’s no amount of Republican judicial appointments or tax cuts that can offset or justify what Trump has done to destroy the rule of law in our country.”
So if Trump had been more palatable, she would be fine with the tax cuts and the rigging of the courts. She’s not much smarter than he is, and there were others with that same sentiment.

Are all of the 400 people on salary from the CIA, Mossad, and Antifa? Wow! Sounds like they’re giving the Portland economy quite a boost! And is Antifa part of the Deep State too? Wow! Gosh I hope Donald The True American arrests them all and sends them to Alcatraz where they belong!

(Meanwhile, of course, the Deep State is responsible for all of America’s troubles, not the ruling class… no… and of course Donald The True is not part of the ruling class. Why he’s just a reglar Murcan like Joe and Cindy next door! And of course the honorable Northcascadian is another reglar Murcan too. He and Donald The True are fightin’ the good fight against the Deep State so the ruling class can continue confusing and dividing and conquering everyone!)

6 Likes

Contrary to serial GOP rhetorical projection, no family has benefited more from the “deep state” and “swamp” culture during the past century than the Trump family. Antifa, nothing more than a fringe philosophy is the GOP’s boogeyman of the year. They have escalated the philosophy to invading army status.

Demonizing any anti-fascist action or movement kicks sand in the face of all living WWII veterans who fought against fascism and pisses on the graves of the fallen.

5 Likes

Trump has been following Hitler’s fascist playbook very closely. We all know that the white supremacists and religious fanatics had been looking for a savior dictator for a long time and they think Trump is it. I hope the people of Portland will not back down, i hope to see more of us joining the portland demonstrators to take our country back. This is not Chile and Trump better quit acting like that criminal murderer general Pinochet.

3 Likes

Good thing the Democrats nominated a Republican, Biden, as their duopoly alternative…

6 Likes

It is obvious Trump has created his own military goon squads with willing and able bodies supporters that used to show up at his rallies armed to the teeth. At this point we the people have to think hard about how to respond. We cannot let him crush us, there has to be a response but what form will that response take. There could be agitators embedded with demonstrators to make them look bad and justify violent reaction by his sperges. Countering Trump requires careful planning.

1 Like

Yeah i know, deep pockets not deep state’s what you mean

1 Like

Yes, JMAC, as I just wrote to a very well informed commentor on Kevin Zeese’s “Popular Resistance” site the following:

Thanks for your knowledge and support, dmorista.

It is very apparent that the academic world (particularly in the fine web-site Academia) that the majority of articles, papers, and manuscripts in a wide array of fields: FP, IR, IRPC, sociology, political/economy, etc., etc., have been focused (like a laser) on the pathology of EMPIRE, global Empire, disguised Empire, and all aspects of this now becoming OBVIOUS and seminal problem of Empire.

Of course, within the ‘media/propaganda/TVad/social-media’ sector of this first effectively-Disguised, truly-Global, corrupted-Crony, and Capitalist-fueled EMPIRE, the non-academic muddled mess, there is essentially little to NO discourse about the EMPIRE (which is like the "Quiet American ‘Elephant in the room’.

“We got trouble right here in River City, and that starts with ‘T’, and that rhymes with ‘E’, and that stands for EMPIRE”

It almost seems, IMHO, dmorista, that the fear of Americans now about openly mentioning the reality of this disguised global crony capitalist Empire (with it’s seven sectors) is like the 1950s, when my parents and their friends at house parties would say things like; "Roger, I’m afraid that you golfing partner Adam, looks like he might have the big ‘C’ ".

They would overtly ‘hide’ the secret that smoking cigarettes might give them "the big ‘C’, and refuse to face it — just as today, very few people, aside from academics are willing to face-up to the very obvious fact that we, not only have “an Emperor sitting in our White House”, but also that “our democracy” is either going down the same bathtub that Grover Norquist wants to drown the baby, but the reality that the “baby’s head is already under-water”!

I can’t say enough about the need for ‘we the American people’ to accept that this is the second riding of Paul Revere shouting “The EMPIRE is coming, to arms to arms”

We Americans now have very little time to:

GET ‘WOKE’ &
‘FOLK’ THE
EMPIRE

I also just posted on The Intercept that Breitbart’s pointing at Antifa is fa® from being the main issue in Portland:

Mara, today, Sunday, NONE of the Sunday Mourning News ‘Shows’ have said sheet about Federal Officers (who look like “Star Wars” Storm Troopers on the streets of an American City (Portland OR.) — I’m from Portland ME. and protest each week here and in Portsmouth NH. since 2017 with my double-sided protest signs (and now unlike 2017) I don’t get single finger salutes and cars yelling “Get a job” — but now I get pick-up trucks, jeeps, beer delivery trucks, UPS & FedEx trucks flashing lights, ‘thumbs-ups’, and honking horns, along with the vast majority of folks on the sidewalks agreeing with my signs:

“Our Revolution”
TO DUMP
EMPEROR TRUMP

and:

GET ‘WOKE’ &
‘FOLK’ THE
EMPIRE

As I posted to the Breitbart web-site claiming that in Portland it’s all the fault of Antifa:

"BS it’s not antifa, but the Nazi SA of this Disguised Global Crony Capitalist EMPIRE in the “Star Wars” Storm Trooper unidentified uniforms — which should be labeled with swastikas!

Next this insane faux-Emperor Trump will be putting the SS to replace the SA on the streets of our supposed democracy.

“Our Revolution”
TO DUMP
EMPEROR TRUMP

GET ‘WOKE’ &
‘FOLK’ THE
EMPIRE

“Gunfight at the OK corral”.

2 Likes

The irony to this response from the administration is the exact opposite that federal manuals recommend for the situation, sound familiar?

(h)ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmsFzEtK7U
“Lets Talk About Portland Again And The Manuals…” / Beau of the Fifth Column Platform