Home | About | Donate

Organic Under Attack: Report Exposes Big Food's Tobacco-Style PR Blitz

Organic Under Attack: Report Exposes Big Food's Tobacco-Style PR Blitz

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

Remember that recent blog post you read about the popularity of genetically modified foods? Or the economics expert on the news who questioned if paying the price of organic food was 'worth it'?

According to a new report, these views were very likely the product of a public relations blitz by Big Food and Big Ag firms, that are actively working to spread misinformation about the safety of industrial agriculture practices and discredit the value of organic food in the face of growing popular demand.

We are hypnotized by name brands. In more than one state, voters have turned down GMO labeling.
Speaks for itself.

I have actively followed the rise of GMO dominance over the last 10 or 15 years and this article is right on in demonstrating the power of the forces whose goal it is to win it all. I just read the best book ever, in my opinion, on exposing the genetic engineering disaster over the last 45 years. in Steven Druker's 2015 book "Altered Genes, Twisted Truth - How the Venture to Genetically Engineer Our Food Has Subverted Science, Corrupted Government, and Systematically Deceived the Public", we have a well documented history of GMO development that uncovers the lies, the deceptions in government, in universities, in scientific organizations, in the breaking of food safety laws, etc. He argues very effectively that this is "the biggest fraud in the history of science". I believe that an open-minded read of this book would convince almost anyone that these GMO foods have not been tested, have not been proven proof, entail numerous dangers, and should not have been unleashed of the world population. It's not just Monsanto and corporate ag to blame; it is the scientific community that has sold their soul to advance their field of interest.

Speaking of voters, during her speech at a GMO cartel convention in San Diego in June 2014 Hillary Clinton admonished the attendees to put a new spin on GMOs to make them more favorable to the young voters she needs to vote for her in 2016.

Monsanto's deceit millions could buy a lot of shills. Wonder how many we got?

"But the chances of the Big Oil boys, their minions in the chemical industry, and their rather scary buddies in the MIC, being rational and fair may be slight.This is why an apparatus must exist to determine who is in the halls of power, not just influence those who are there now. Greens will never be as rich and scary as some of the other influencers. Until we have a faction in Congress whose doors are closed to these creeps, they'll win."
Fully agree (and thanks for informative post). Closing doors to creeps looks (to me) like it will take no less than a Constitutional amendment because, as a practical matter, said creeps are running the show. We know this, of course, but we are powerless before them. Their control affects almost every facet of our lives. That is hardly worth celebrating as July 4th approaches.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Matt, would you please explain what "worm-casting" is? Thank you.

They did so after an industry-funded PR blitz costing millions, changing public opinion in those states from 90 percent in favor to exactly enough (if we believe the computer vote counts) to defeat the labeling measures.

I was surprised that Monsanto in response to their tasteless food want to make a chemical for taste.

Worm shit, to be blunt--a very good fertilizer, one of the best, I've read.

Catsma, thanks for clarifying. I was unfamiliar with the term.