Home | About | Donate

Our Day Of Tragedy Is Their Day of Joy

Our Day Of Tragedy Is Their Day of Joy

Israel this week again laid bare the old, grim juxtaposition of its birth: As it marked the 70th anniversary of the state's founding, thousands of disenfranchised Palestinians marched to one of 500 demolished villages to mourn their "catastrophe," victims of the violence on both sides held an alternative ceremony to honor "the void created by loss,” and right-wingers nearby chanted "Death to the Nazis." 70 years on, the ugly chasm seethes.

This piece, like most liberal commentaries, implies that the Zionist entity that rules Palestine (the apartheid ‘state’ of Israel) also has legitimate claims to the land of Palestine. Zionism IS racism and the Euro/US settler colony has no claim whatsoever and there are no 'both sides" in the illegal and immoral Occupation of Palestine.

You see what you want to see, you hear what you want to hear.

I look at reservations all around me. Here in America and elsewhere. The displacement of the “other” for the few is so ugly. So distasteful and in many case’s deadly. For what reason? For what purpose? Fear. Fear of the “other”. All of our shadows are the same color. All over the Planet. It has gotten very small, very fast. It should be our shared goal to see ourselves in others eye’s. We can no longer afford fear. We can no longer afford to fear ourselves. The Planet is making short work on any comfort zones you may think you are protecting from being used by the “other”. There is no “other”, there is only us.

One of my Favorites
For me the refrain is from “For What Its Worth”

There’s something happening here
What it is ain’t exactly clear
There’s a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it’s time we stop, children, what’s that sound
Everybody look what’s going down

There’s battle lines being drawn
Nobody’s right if everybody’s wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you’re always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what’s that sound
Everybody look what’s going down

Fear is the basis of patriarchal white supremacy and currently rules most of the biosphere.

In my delusion I’m looking forward to the day when we can say…“who won?”.

One of the many reasons I “hate(fear)” being a human.

Ditton:

Being human does not require us to be a patriarchal white supremacist. Or capitalist. From your many comments on these pages you certainly are not any of these things.

While fear and hate are among the many matrices of what it means to be human, part of the joy of living is working against them. You’re fine. Just let yourself be (to paraphrase Mr. Lennon). And thanks for your contributions to these pages as we all struggle against what has become obvious – and for what can be decent.

NO FEAR!

BDS! and Solidarity,

Tom Johnson
Columbus, OH USA (as of MayDay)

“I only know that Peace will come when all hate is gone”, Fred Neil.

Thanks Tom
Superior, AZ