Home | About | Donate

'Our Nation's Capital Has Officially Become a Playground': Trump Sends 'Childish' Letter Canceling Pelosi's Overseas Trip

'Our Nation's Capital Has Officially Become a Playground': Trump Sends 'Childish' Letter Canceling Pelosi's Overseas Trip

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A day after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called for the delay of President Donald Trump's State of the Union Address due to security concerns caused by the government shutdown, Trump responded on Thursday with a letter of his own informing Pelosi that he has "postponed" her planned congressional delegation trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan.

The pattern of doing whatever he wants, simply because he can, is making for some kinda noose - though apparently, trump seems to think that the loop is a precedent or - president.

Flying commercial sounds like a great idea - why not?

4 Likes

Laughing at Trump is the easy part. Defending Pelosi is the hard one.

16 Likes

We are all going to suffer for this.

2 Likes

It’s hard to choose sides here, both are reprehensible.

Meanwhile our planet is heading toward’s extinction.

7 Likes

I concur – maybe if she flies commercial she will find out just how desperately we peons want the trumpenstein removed.

5 Likes

While our children…, er…, “leaders,” -both here and abroad- play games of “Tit-for-Tat” and “Ring Around the Rosie-Who’s the Most Powerful Bully of All”, the world burns as the extinction event picks up speed. Even worse, the vast majority of the people whom the pretenders to the world’s thrones are supposed to lead sit on the sidelines like the good compliant consumers they are, being spoon-fed news and entertainment (in many ways, both terms are interchangeable) that in reality is very well crafted propaganda. I’m glad that I’m 55, and will be dead within a couple of decades before the shit really hitting the fan begins in earnest. That I have no children who will have to experience the worst of it makes me grateful. That said, watching this grand shit-show of folly play out is both humorous and tragic. “May you live in interesting times” is an understatement.

4 Likes

Me too!!!

Looking at the pictures, I wonder what Pence is thinking during all these tantrums.

3 Likes

Just speculating here, but does anyone else think Trump knows what he is doing. The Trump childish behavior isn’t knew. Recall when Clinton accused him of being Putin’s puppet? You’re a puppet, no, you’re the puppet.
That said, we might want to consider that the shutdown is playing right into Trump’s hand. That is, if he is considering instituting marshal law. Just think of the damage he could do then.
When people are seriously hurting financially they will eventually riot. Then Maxwell’s Silver Hammer comes down on our heads.

1 Like

Pelosi will probably consider three options:

1. Take a commercial flight. It generates a news cycle that brings more exposure and emphasis to Mr. Trump’s futile gambit. Ms. Pelosi could always negotiate with anybody by Skype.
  2. Sue the White House over the denial of use as a matter of publicity.
  3. Give in. This wouldn’t be politically correct for the never-give-an-inch diplomatic crowd, but in a way Mr. Trump is right, the shutdown has become a national crisis now.
1 Like

“Does Mother know that I have the hots for Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Does it show?”

4 Likes

If the federal workers filed suit for damages, I don’t think Trump would have standing to counter-sue. There is no emergency as he claims there is.

1 Like

Pence looks like he is contemplating whether or not to call in the men in white jackets waiting in another room. On stand-by in case Trump blows a gasket.

Poor little Don is upset because that big gig bad Pelosi bitch slapped him!

1 Like

Does Pence actually employ the processes of thought? Given his wooden stupidity and “religious” fervor I doubt his processes reach that level…

He needs a minimum level of thought to produce the motivation for self flagellation that is required to sustain his religious fervor. It’s all very scientific. /s

3 Likes

One thing the shut down does do is play into the Rep’s idea of shrinking the government as many who are government workers, or aspire to be, become dissuaded from do so. Notice that two of the government agencies that remain operational are the EPA and the Dept. of the Interior. Though they are working with skeleton staffs, those who remain working are focused upon helping the energy and manufacturing companies. Either by helping them exploit public lands or avoid being hit by regulations meant to protect the public.

In a nation of over 325,000.000 citizens, 800,000 government people not working is not that big a hit on the economy. As long as the rest of the proles remain complacent and compliant (they will as long as there is food and junk to buy, and crap continues to be oozed out of the TV), the machine will continue to rumble on, eating life and shitting death.

1 Like

If it’s possible to be serious about this, djt has, with this letter, committed a security breach. The reason NP would make this trip on military aircraft is that she’s his second backup. And the trip hadn’t been announced because you don’t announce trips by officials, especially in the line of succession, to war zones (Afghanistan). He took Melanie there a couple of weeks ago, and maybe that’s where he came up with the word “excursion.”

The letter is indeed childish, but it has deadly serious implications.

5 Likes

Yes, we remember Sec. Ron Brown.