Home | About | Donate

Our Slaughterhouses Not Just for Cattle, Hogs, and Poultry Anymore. Add People.

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/02/our-slaughterhouses-not-just-cattle-hogs-and-poultry-anymore-add-people

2 Likes

While ole Teddy’s adventurism abroad helped sow the seeds of many of our imperial woes of today, his internal vision and work helped the cause of progress at home. He would be appalled at what has been termed the Reagan Revolution and would certainly get out his big stick and beat the stuffing out of the Orange Pustule. Teddy, thank you for the National Park System. I hope to get back to it soon.

4 Likes

If meat were still in my diet, I don’t know how I could continue to purchase products soaked in human blood, now that everyone knows others pay with their lives for your hamburger. This has been the case all along, simmering on low heat: USAmerica has gone cannibal, like the Donner Party.

4 Likes

This is truly obscene.

I keep thinking that if this is truly an essential service, it would be good if the President went in to shake hands with all the workers, of course wearing no mask as he believes he is invincible.

Maybe a Boris Johnson event would convince the country to protect EVERYONE.

1 Like

We have to find a way to support these workers so they can stay off these jobs. In the new world we can imagine and work toward companies such as these should lose their charters, factories turned over to disinfecting squads and then to the workers themselves. There are new plant protein foods that can replace such meats that are increasingly becoming dangerous carriers of diseases.

Workers can make alliances with local organic farms to secure what can be turned into plant protein.

WHO Adviser on Meat Plants: If We’re at War, the Weapons We Need Are Tests and PPE, Not Pork

~https://www.democracynow.org/2020/4/30/lawrence_gostin_covid_19

2 Likes

With dertrumpenfuehrer forcing workers to work in the slaughter houses until they die, he it is forcing us closer to Soylent Green every day. One of these days, with thousands dying, it will announce that there is no use wasting all that meat. After all, people are hungry.
Heil Phhht!
;-})

1 Like

See my comment above on Soylent Green. It fits right in with your comment.
;-})

1 Like

That gives a whole new meaning to the term…slaughter houses!

1 Like

Beef, it is not what’s for dinner anymore!

1 Like