Home | About | Donate

Outrage After South Carolina Gets Trump OK to Attack Medicaid With Work Requirement Policy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/13/outrage-after-south-carolina-gets-trump-ok-attack-medicaid-work-requirement-policy

The problem of Trumpism isn’t formed in a vacuum. The problem is with the voters.

1 Like

And I would add…The MSM

2 Likes

This is just the beginning folks. As soon as the Impeachment is officially recorded, Don Juan Trump and his band of “MerryMen” are going to attack Sherwood Forest and continue stealing from the poor and giving to the rich up until the election.

Please, don’t anyone here be late for the revolution.

2 Likes

This harassment of poor people and working people by the government sounds as if the elected ones want citizens have to become serfs in order to receive government benefits. People can work and pay into ss and retirement and medical----but if they live in a town where the jobs disappear----then they could find themselves living in a Charles Dickens novel.
What exactly do taxes pay for, if taxes don’t also work for the welfare of the citizens of a nation? I keep thinking that eventually , a 1789 event will recreate itself in 21st century America. : (

1 Like

Yep, people need to vote.

The tweet from M4All South Carolina is spot on. Industry talking points say M4A ‘takes health coverage away from people who have it’.

But under the current system, Americans’ health coverage is threatened and taken away practically every day - when we lose a job, when our employer changes coverage plans, or when means tested government programs are threatened by neoliberal politicians.

A universal program could never be messed with like this.

2 Likes

When I hear the responses from trump supporters I have to agree. They, imo, are off their nut. Not just confused, but have totally bought into nonsense, spin, lies, and propaganda.

1 Like

Pony, I hope we allot time for a peaceful revolution before a more physical one. I always liked the slow version a little bit better.
If only the fab four knew that it’s not “Getting better, all the time.”

2 Likes

There is another direction to look at here. The righteous right don’t want people lazing around and to get paid to do so. While that can be a reasonable posture, it doesn’t solve the dilemma.
The dilemma being that the rich created much of the poor culture they want to distress.
Subjugate people to poor neighborhoods with no jobs ladder to climb, forcing them to pursue an unaffordable higher education, or abandon family ties to wonder the unknown.

So our well off leadership punishes people after placing them in these difficult positions.
Put the lion in a cage so we can poke sticks at it.

Hi Gandolf:
Yes, sadly, America has put the poor into cages of the corporations’ making. I wish the corporate ones would read more world history! The people who believe that THEY are, “to the manner born,” usually don’t have a clue to what’s waiting for them, should America have another economic crash—again. Every 10 years or so, right on the money( so to speak) things crash for all but the top, but at a certain point, even the “cream de la cream,” starts to curdle.

1 Like

Medicaid isn’t all he wants to cut!!! Now he’s proposing cuts to Social Security Disability. Man I hate Trump and his Republican Party. Why would anyone who makes less than a billion per year even think about voting for him???

Howdy stardustIBID! You know, a 1789 event is just what the doctor ordered to remedy what ails the Republican Party and blue dog democrats. Of course their illness includes such symptoms as selfishness, greed, narcissism, and plain old cruelty. Nothing like a nice close haircut to take care of all of those symptoms.

1 Like

The only difference between the WWII era European fascists and today’s US fascists is that there are no up and coming superpowers postured to control the fascists…AND the European fascists kept the trains running on time while the US fascists will be getting rid of trains as soon as they can.

1 Like