Home | About | Donate

Outrage as White Supremacist Organizer of Fatal Charlottesville Rally Plans DC Anniversary Event

Outrage as White Supremacist Organizer of Fatal Charlottesville Rally Plans DC Anniversary Event

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

News that white supremacists are planning a two-day "white civil rights rally" near the White House in August to mark the one-year anniversary of last year's deadly "Unite the Right" demonstrations in Charlottesville, Virginia has provoked widespread outrage and calls for counterprotests.

"I believe in free speech. But speech that advocates violence crosses the line," responded Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.

My grandfather - who fought in World War II in Germany, against the Nazis - would be absolutely appalled to see the U.S. as it is today, with Nazis marching in the streets with police protecting them, and the U.S. President calling them “very fine people.”

I agree with Kristen Clarke, this is speech advocating hatred and violence, and that should not be protected. They are terrorists, and need to be treated as such. We are creating normalization of fascism and authoritarianism and white supremacy by increments - this little thing is ok, this little thing is ok, etc, until bit by bit most Americans will just give a collective yawn when some future atrocity is committed, that a few years ago would have been met with shock and outrage.

Not a fan of this group or the rally.
“speech that advocates violence crosses the line” Our leaders openly discuss and advocate violence on a regular basis. Worse still they often follow through by killing innocents around the world and here at home.
Cut out the cancer at the top…

Hey, I got an idea. Let’s give it all the publicity they could ever want. Encourage liberals and “left” groups to counter. Throw in a martyr and you’ve got another 6 months of distraction.