Home | About | Donate

'Outrageous Violation of First Amendment': Leaked Docs Reveal Trump Tracked Journalists and Rights Advocates at Border

'Outrageous Violation of First Amendment': Leaked Docs Reveal Trump Tracked Journalists and Rights Advocates at Border

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

The government is keeping a list of journalists and "instigators" that were involved with the so-called migrant caravan from the last months of 2018 and early 2019 in a database.

"The government cannot use the pretext of the border to target activists critical of its policies, lawyers providing legal representation, or journalists simply doing their jobs."
— ACLU

Being ‘deeply disturbed’ won’t change a thing. Ever since the Patriot (sic) Act, we have allowed our government to subvert our own laws in the interests of ‘national security’. We live in a surveillance state, and have for two decades, at least.

8 Likes

Outrageous violation of First Amendment? Yes!

1 Like

Add to the Patriot Act the NDAA. Both pieces of legislation are designed to dismantle/override the US Constitution, were pushed through Congress with the help of Democrats and need to be repealed to restore US Democracy to the time frame before the 9/11 events…

10 Likes

In a democracy, this type of thing should lead to the removal of top managers up to and including the President. It is increasingly apparent that these thugs do not respect our consitution, rule of law or democracy. It is all about money and power. Nothing else matters to them and I hope there are enough people in the U.S. who want to live in freedom that we can rise up and put and end to all of this. Unfortunately, I am not sure there are enough people willing or able to stop this. We know what happened to Germany and Japan.

1 Like

Welcome to Commondreams, newbie troll. I’m not surprised that you don’t understand (or, more likely, don’t want to acknowledge) that these acts of intimidation and harrassment are only the first steps toward the PREMEDITATED violation of their First Amendment rights.

3 Likes

As criminal acts, directed by the executive, depriving American citizens of their constitutional rights, this should most definitely be included in the array of charges filed supporting impeachment.

1 Like

Remember - your beloved East Germany and its famous wall - came down. People didn’t like the Stasi but apparently you do or did.

I didn’t attack you.
I did, however, refute your “message.”
And I know the Constitution, unlike your Pwesident Twump, who swore to uphold it with his tiny fingers crossed.

Question for the readership: is it just me, or is the quality of wingnut trolling going down lately?

3 Likes

We are way beyond “deeply disturbing” –

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which respect an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.

PS –
And the Fourth and Fifth Amendment by CIA/NSA spying on Americans –
FISA is itself a violation of US Constitution –
https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=FISA+was+a+violation+of+the+Constitution&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

4 Likes

That would be the Second Amendment.

Yes, until they’re declared “traitors of America (sic),” and shipped off to Gitmo without recourse.

I see you’re also a fan of cold-blooded murder, apartheid, ethic cleansing and land-grabbing. Nice example.

I have a wall—actually four—to hold up my roof, which, together, protect me from the weather. People on the street don’t worry me.

3 Likes

Nice comment Guild3225!

1 Like

I do not know who Joan_Stockwell is but your excellent post just showed how misinformed she is!

1 Like

Joan_Stockwell is the abandoned stepchild of actor Dean Stockwell. Who won an Academy Award for his role in Married To The Mob. ( Now she works for it ). Dean also did a wonderful job in Blue Velvet, as well. Which explains Joan’s anger at anything even hinting of " crossing ", even int’l borders. Now you know the rest of the rest of Joan_Stockwell’s back story.
Incidentally, Joan’s story has been made into a documentary but to understand it, you must be fluent in High German as there are no subtitles, etc.
Trust me on this.

1 Like

I trust you!

Mr. Mueller, this sounds like more Abuse of Power to me.

This was the motivation behind the staged 911 event.

2 Likes

I am worried.

Our “free press” and internationally … the press was under SECRET attack
even before the end of WWII by Operation Mockingbird which was being drafted
in 1943 to move the press into the hands of the CIA and under its control.

The companion programs were Operation Paperclip – 200,000 ex-Nazis brought into
the US with the help of the Vatican … to found the CIA, funneled into the FBI and other
government agencies and to “hot” spots around the world.

And, Operation Gladio which would work to allow only right wing politicians to rise and
hold power in nations over which the US had influence and control at the time – Italy,
France, Japan, Germany. In Italy the US actually resurrected the Mafia there to ensure
that the operation would be carried out efficiently. Pope Pius X!! “catapulted” Hitler to power.

Vatican laundered drug-running money for the CIA which they in turn used to create
terrorist events which were then blamed on Italian government.

Those fascist operations certainly worked — Mockingbird was put into the hands of Allen
Dulles/CIA when the CIA became official in '47. And from there into the hands of Phil Graham
of the Washington Post. CIA replaced the OSS at the bidding of the Council of Foreign
Relations of which Phil Graham and wife Kathryn Graham were ranking members.
Using his social contacts Phil Graham was able to move network heads and other newspaper
and media heads to cooperate in creating “CIA journalists” which was the beginning of the
operation. There is some question as to whether force was used in the beginning.

With that early and SECRET start the move to destroy the press in the US and internationally
was underway. Currently, we are seeing the BOLDEST moves being made on the free press
here quite out in the open – where journalists are being murdered and an attempt to label
them “terrorists” – and whistleblowers threatened with imprisonment – and any reporting of the
truth of our government’s violence and “illegal wars of aggression” for the assets of other nations under immediate attack. “Empire is toxic for democracy.”

"CIA IS THE CENTRAL NODE OF SECRET GOVERNMENT –
CIA - Created by Council on Foreign Relations
Tied them directly into mainstream media to alter opinion of Americans --"
Kevin Shipp/YouTube

“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency
back in '47 if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.” Harry Truman

Naïve or manipulated?
John McCloy was assigned to Harry Truman –
See: John McCloy and the atomic bombing of Japan

2 Likes