Home | About | Donate

'Outright Blackmail': Trump Admin. Reportedly Offered Captain Multi-Million Dollar Bribe in Effort to Seize Iranian Tanker

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/04/outright-blackmail-trump-admin-reportedly-offered-captain-multi-million-dollar-bribe

1 Like

From the article:

“‘With this money you can have any life you wish and be well-off in old age,’ Hook wrote. ‘If you choose not to take this easy path, life will be much harder for you.’”

Or, as El Chapo Guzman would have offered, “Plata o plomo (the silver or the lead).”

3 Likes

Isn’t chapter 7 of Trump’s handbook on grifting, The Art of the Deal, called “Blackmail is Fun?”

1 Like

When it is lacking in logic and too strange to be believed, it probably has a bribe behind it.

1 Like

“By hook or by crook”.

Now, can we get a rope?

2 Likes

By definition I think this act would be extortion, not blackmail, either one, I believe is a felony at the federal level. Lock him up!!

1 Like

Whaaaat !!

Dang! Where can I sign up? Maybe I can get my Nigerian uncle (you know, the prince, that prince) to go in with me on a message to Brian Hook describing our tanker, fleet of tankers, which we will be willing to navigate to the nearest US Navy ship for a few small down payments.
I’m waiting.
Right now.