Home | About | Donate

Palestinians Dare To Dream: Rejecting the "Prettier Face" of Apartheid

Palestinians Dare To Dream: Rejecting the "Prettier Face" of Apartheid

Arguing that "no one wants to party with apartheid," rights advocates are urging a boycott of glitzy, kitschy, Eurovision Song Contest 2019, to be held this week in Tel Aviv. The diversity-themed event is part of Israel's brazen effort to "art-wash" its crimes against Palestinians, on the date of the Nakba yet. Besieged Gazans who know better have planned their own Gazavision show. Even as Israel bombs, kills, imprisons them and "does everything to silence our voices," they vow, "we will continue to sing."

2 Likes

A really popular old song from forever, would be a great song for Palestinians to sing when they walk to their Friday Peace Fence. It’s a simple song and it makes people feel better and stronger because of it
"When you walk through a storm hold your head up high, and don’t be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, though your dremas are tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone------
You’ll never walk alone.!

While Israel is having its phony WE ARE the WORLD festival, I hope that some, Palestinians can go to their Friday Peace Fence and sing this song in their own language. Everyone singing these words in the face of the Israeli evil and to remind the world that the Palestinians are not alone and that the world supports these Davids of Palestine against the Israel’s governmental and military Goliaths.

Wednesday is NAKBA day too May 15

3 Likes

I see, so you want to turn them all into Liverpool fans on the eve of the European Champions League Final! Good idea! Mo Sala would like it, I’m sure.

Code Pink has multiple campaigns going on to help Palestinians, including petitions to artists not to play in Israel:
https://www.codepink.org/justice_for_palestine

I also received an email from Code Pink encouraging people to #DeactivateAirbnb on May 15 — Nakba Day.
https://www.codepink.org/deactivateairbnb

Hi Hobgobllin: LOL, I could barely understand the words from the crowd, but the song is either from a pay or a movie and it’s a great song----LOL somehow the footballers just didn’t do it justice-----But as you can see from the video, people love singing it for all sorts of reasons----I sang it at my mom’s funeral, but it works for all kinds of reasons, and I think the Palestinians would do a great job with that song too. : )