Home | About | Donate

Palin/Trump: Heads Are Spinnin'! Command Fire! No More Pussy Footin'! More Words!

Palin/Trump: Heads Are Spinnin'! Command Fire! No More Pussy Footin'! More Words!

Notably bedazzled, demented, shrieking former reality star Sarah Palin has endorsed smirking current reality star the Donald in a syntax-murdering, possibly speed-and-wacky-tobacky-laced word salad that proclaimed Trump builds big things and power through strength and we don't wanna chill and the main thing and let's kick ISIS' ass! The spectacle prompted memorable headlines - "Hot Mess Endorses Dumpster Fire" - and comments - "A glimpse into hell."

Palin endorsing anyone: Does this have any significance really? Nothing worse than someone not knowing when to quit.

While many on the left hope for a Sanders/Warren team up...
Many on the right hope for a Trump/Palin team.

Now if Trump's fascism wasn't enough to get the left to vote for Sanders then the idea of Palin's manical insanity possibly stepping into the Oval Office should be enough to convince anyone that there really is a reason to vote against, if nothing else.

(The Surgeon General has determined that voting is not actually hazardous to the health of lefties who have always found an excuse never to vote in any elections and which they will then complain endlessly about whoever gets elected until the next election that they are again too lazy to get off their asses and vote in.)

Voting won't kill ya!

Probably.

I beg to differ. I fear that voting in a Trump/Palin ticket actually WOULD kill a lot of us if not most of us. Black humor.

Her weird incoherent shrieking was mind boggling. I've always known she is not the brightest bulb on the tree, so to speak, but she seems to have lost whatever few cookies she ever possessed. So to speak. Ugh.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don't know why I didn't see it before! Elect an oligarch to show dissatisfaction with duopolist oligarchy! That he is an autocratic fascist xenophobic lout is splitting hairs and surely nothing to be concerned about because he is kind of like a progressive? Oddly enough I never knew we had right wing progressives running about. I mean seriously...who knew?

Moreover Palin does make sense in a kind of disjointed emotionally irrational ramble that would appear to be drug induced if she weren't on the right and be commented on by reporters except that she is known to carry concealed weapons. Surely all us 'bridging progressives' on the left and apparently those hidden progressives on the right... You know those progressives in camouflaged clothing who proudly display their 'progressive' credentials by pointing out that all their heavy ordinance have trigger locks. Surely we can bridge the gaps between our peace signs on the front lawn and their howitzers in their secret backyard bunkers? Also a little of Palin's fun loving zaniness as expressed by her "I want to press the button' cheeriness can be easily overlooked as well.

We should all welcome those right wing progressives and fascist progressives as well... Just ask them to stop shooting at our peace signs.

Maybe we should call ourselves the 'Progressive Progressives'...?

Hello Wereflea, Interesting pair with all kind of possibilities. Best
comment from a pundit yesterday suggested the Donald had not
only paid for that nice private plane for her trip from Alaska to
be a part of the daily show, but had also paid her for her endorsement.
Left me wondering if doing so is legal? We all know the biggest female
GOP prostitute does nothing for free. Just wondered if as the pundit
suggested how much it cost the Donald to hire the half term Gov.
to sign on. Anyone posting know or care? I'll just be happy when
Iowa is over.

So, my friends who watched this " out coming " with me were not the only ones who thought Sarah was on her meds, finally. Trump told her not to stir up her audience, too much. But, god bless her little peapickin' heart, she went ahead with the shakin', anyway. She was tapped to give it during cocktail happy hour, after all. Is it true she handled snakes while taking questions from the press at the hotel bar, afterwards? And, the existential threat her family poses to anyone within Alaskan waters, cannot be overstated. Maybe Putin should be scared Russia is so close to Alaska. Who knew?

Lol... Hell this sent a chill down my freedom loving constitution loving decency loving spine!!! The thing is that the rabid (Trump) and the irrational (Palin) seems an utterly impossible presidential slate to a sane intelligent person but in the back of my mind a little voice keeps saying "They could actually win!". I'm not kidding about that. My brain says no it is ridiculous that America could actually elect such a pair to the highest office in the land and as 'keepers of the button'! Impossible! Nonsense!

Sniffle...yikes! Where's my blue blankie? I want my blue blankie!!!

You know I am kidding around but that damn little voice in the back of my head won't shut up. It keeps asking stupid questions like why did Trump schedule this in the first place? Why make the specific association with Palin? A female Veep?

Geeze the more I think about it the more I feel like going out and buying a nice cuddly blue blankie... Um... I mean blue blanket.

Hey babe how are ya? Always a pleasure ma'am!

How do we build that bridge? Americans of all stripes seem unhappy with the status quo duopoly but how could they be made into allies? Could they envision together a better future (or any future, for that matter) for their children and grand-children? Getting beyond the lies, propaganda and disinformation that informs many Americas' worldview seems overwhelming.
The criminality of the ruling class will be difficult to overcome but that is what I hear Trump supporters yearning for in their naive way. Facing our shadow side of global genocide will be too difficult for many as will be giving up magical thinking and understanding the nuts and bolts of class warfare.

There could be great conversations if we only had a mechanism.
I don't demonize even the evangelicals because I've had good conversations with many of them.
I don't agree with their fundamentalism, but they are mostly good people.
They would take me in if I showed up hungry on their door step.

All that said, Sarah was really disturbing to watch/hear. But Donald got a bunch more attention and most of the mainstream pundits today said it was a brilliant move on his part. Yes, I watch too much tv. But he looked uncomfortable and this one might just backfire. Maybe that is just wishful thinking.

So much for reading comprehension indeed. So satire as well as sarcasm isn't allowed. You want to be taken seriously then but delicately? Okay then if satire offends then let's try literalness.
It isn't just about the duopoly...
Please explain how someone from an ethnic minority bridges the xenophobic racism of Trump?
Please explain how a non violent peace activist bridges the - I'll be happy to push the button of Palin and the I would bomb them back to the Stone Age of Trump?
Please explain how supporting an oligarch who is very much a part of the oligarchy and NOT outside of it nor independent of it, is somehow similar to supporting a progressive independent simply because Trump can afford to fund his own campaign?
Please explain how there is any connection with progressives simply because a voter is unhappy with the status quo as many people are across ALL political spectrums?

I acknowledge that many Americans are unhappy with Corporatocracy/Oligarchy that has subverted our democracy. I however do not consider Trump to be against that oligarchy (nor Palin either by any means) any more than is Hillary. You seem to want to give his rabid fascism and Palin's manic instability more credence than they deserve simply because Trump is running as an alleged outsider (at least according to him anyway)!

I disagreed with you and thought to respond using satire and wit however if you prefer the literal simplicity instead then the above should clarify things for you.

Disagreeing with you is not insulting you ... I hope you don't mind my explaining that to you since you take offense so easily.

I ask you to consider just who is it that is supporting Trump and would support Palin? They aren't progressives simply because they oppose the status quo duopoly. When Trump spouts racist fascism then anyone who opposes such views will leave. Those who remain to 'hear more' because they like that kind of thing are who you are talking about forming a bridge with. Does a better future include a wall built along our border? It does to many Trump supporters. Or detention camps and round ups, targeting a religion and overt and rather indiscriminate militarism seem acceptable enough to bridge?

Just asking.

People are not unaware of what they are doing. Some may not be well educated but people choose whom they support and propaganda is not all that powerful as many think. A culture's mores and attitudes are more effective. Bush/Cheney's prelude and build up to war was actual propaganda. Capitalist oligarchy entices, misleads, misdirects and inspires selfishness and greed but it works only for those who prefer what it offers.

Perfect together. The Fascist Ken and Barbie emerge to media adoration!

Thank God George Washington won the USAian rebellion! It has saved us a from great deal of ill-educated stupidity. At least our stupids go to the proper schools and learn to read, write and speak clearly.

Hey there Wereflea. Sorry your brain is giving fits about this nightmarish pair. My good sense tells me come the general it will all go away. Then
my son tells me out in the "real world" it could happen. My nightmares
are a bit different, though the pundits tend to disagree. I think of Hillary,
and the solid South, the Nixon strategy and white Southern men of
the variety many of our young have no familiarity with. The same
variety and intellect of those still hanging out at the Fed. site in
OR. Not that there aren't some in CA. How long will Sarah hang out
with the Donald. A GOP pundit noted today she will be a disaster
if he takes her to NH. My plans haven't changed for the CA primary
if it ever arrives. End the end the answer may depend on whether
there can be an Obama kind of turnout that will get the young and
minorities out to vote. The lack of relevant debates is repugnant.
At least there will be the CNN town hall again on the 25th. How
I would love to see a national primary and end this continual mess.
btw I'm still alive so I assume it's good.

Except that the English as spoken in British movies needs subtitles for everyone else who speaks English.

Hi Annie

If my brain was having fits over these two, I'd call that getting exercise. Lol

My gut though keeps reminding me that Trump is ahead of the other republicans and Palin had been elected while squatting alongside a dead moose. So what do I know? It actually does worry me, mainly because Trump chose to go with her endorsement. Apparently she brings with her the absurdly well armed and geographically challenged crowd. Trump isn't running an intellectual's campaign and that about says it all imo.
Nevertheless it gets interesting.

Trump/Palin vs. Sanders/Warren would mean a Sanders easy win.

Trump vs. Hillary in any combination of Veeps would be up for grabs and Trump could win.