Home | About | Donate

Pandemic As Love Fest: Over 396,000 Dead But None of Them Named Trump, So It's All Good

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/10/12/pandemic-love-fest-over-396000-dead-none-them-named-trump-so-its-all-good

2 Likes

And so, here we are…the Rethuglicans are not even bothering with pretension. They are now just nakedly displaying their contempt and cynicism of the people of the country they claim to love. As this seems to be playing out like a Greek tragedy, I might remind them that the gods Always punish hubris. Oh, to see the Kraken released!

3 Likes

But we gotta save all unborn babies!!! Cognitive dissonance at a psychotic level. If you want to see a MAGA’s eyes go back in their head, simply ask, “If you’re so gung-ho on making all abortions, even those for women who are survivors of rape and incest, why aren’t you against war, the death penalty, homelessness and hunger, slave wages and working conditions? Why aren’t you against factory farming in all its horror and monocrops that are killing the very land?”. At this point, they’ve already climbed into their huge new Ford 150 that eats other pickups for breakfast and speed away, mowing down pedestrians who dare to try to cross a street.

1 Like

Sociopaths and psychopaths lack humor entirely, unless it is at someone else’s expense. Their only ability to laugh is at the humiliation and suffering of others.

Mitch McConnell’s sadistic laughter is due to his own power and everyone else’s powerlessness - the humiliation part. He’s a true sadist.

I just simplify it and ask the “anti’s” “how many children have you adopted?”, when they answer zero (that’s the usual number), I tell them to go f**k themselves.

Correction: RethugliKKKans.

Otherwise, yes!

How else would you make cannon fodder ? Don’t you know that life begins at conception and ends at birth ?

Watch the following for free, dream and put foundation under it and get ready for the good fight:

Our Film Is Now Complete!

With so much going on the thought of not releasing this film right now crossed our minds … um, but only for a fleeting second. Truth is we cannot be distracted from the importance of this election. But no matter who wins the timing for this movie probably could not be better. With all the social unrest and the election coming up we have to have change on our minds. This movie reaches to the core of our American values and how they have been idealized and played out in the model of the American Dream. The Truth of the traditional American dream is that we are given that dream at birth and most of us accept it at face value and in doing so we unconsciously make the choice to continue to manifest a way of life that supports inequality, racism, and oligarchy. There is another choice based on another dream that does not grow out of the “everyone for themselves” mentality produced by the traditional American Dream. “The Dream We Choose” is an offering to the movement that emphasizes the mentality of “looking out for each other". This is a different and powerful traditional American Dream that has been nurtured in the back ground since the beginning our our country to build local communities. Perhaps it is time for it to be more in the foreground with the creation of a different economic system that can create wealth for all and not just the few.

~https://sable.godaddy.com/c/28134?id=86733.2547.1.8b731d9ab0658d0950639d4507c6884e

We would like to invite everyone to watch this movie. It is meant as the beginning of a discussion not as solutions to problems. This documentary uses the experiences of filmmakers Laurie Simons & Terry Sterrenberg as fodder for a search for a new economy to replace the broken American Dream. Our hope is that it touches you in ways that help stimulate your own search. In addition to movie screenings we want to build a social network using periodic online meetings. We are hoping that the movie provides impetus to create that network. Such a a network will manifest ongoing support and action steps for you to use in your own personal communities. If you would like to be a part of ongoing discussions on different topics let us know at
~edvideoplus@edvideoplus.com~mailto:edvideoplus@edvideoplus.com and we will make sure you are invited to every discussion.

Abby, I have been so enjoying your columns lately, you have been the first thing I turn to on CD for quite a while now… Which is why I was so disappointed to see you use the “Moscow Mitch” labeling in this one. Someone else here in the commons has been advocating against this name-calling, and I agree: it is just falling prey to the Democrats’ new Cold War nonsense, and disparages Russians by association with Mitch the sociopath. If one of my high school students said “that’s so gay” and couldn’t understand why that is wrong, I would tell them that using “gay” to mean something bad is offensive to all people who happen to actually be gay – and in the same way, “Moscow Mitch” demeans all who happen to be actually Russian, and have nothing to do with our toxic politics. I expected better of you!