Home | About | Donate

Pandora's Box Breached: How the FBI's Shadowy iPhone Hack is Putting Lives at Risk

“The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. ”

― Zbigniew Brzeziński, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era

I don't know if its related but my phone "changed" about 2 weeks ago. And its just an old T-mobile phone with all the buttons. Its not even an Apple product. I'm very suspicious. I called T-mobile because I needed them to unlock my phone so I could even use it. I asked them what caused the problem in the first place. They refused to answer my question. Now I'm doubly concerned. I hate all this. Personally, I'd like to tar and feather some polititians and some FBI agents. Meanwhile, I'm not getting any new technology. I'm even tempted to going back to using a landline. In fact, I know someone who still uses the old dial type telephone. The infrastructure still supports those everyone!!!!

For more than the obvious reasons, it's a good thing this case was dropped. See: Apple's Fight With the FBI Is the Corporate Personhood Case of 2016. It really is a sad commentary on the state of the human right to privacy in the US when it is up to a corporation to defend it, instead of the US Constitution. How low will we go?

Kudos to the folks at Electronic Frontier Foundation and Fight for the Future!

It is the responsibility, nay the duty of the government to share the hack with Apple so they can fix their product. Some talking heads in government might not like it, but to any who would espouse such BS, I would say: tough luck. You are responsible to us. If you don't like that then find another line of work. We are the government and we demand accountability to your charter!

I would find Apple's claim that they want to protect the privacy of their users a bit more compelling if they didn't so frequently brag about how they "cooperate" with the government. And who does not know that all of the tech and phone companies regularly turn over data to the FBI and NSA? It's required by law now, for christsake.

I use a landline. Not that it is free of this sort of thing, but at least I'm not walking around town with a damn built-in GPS in my pocket.