Home | About | Donate

Paradise Papers, Says Sanders, Expose 'Rapid Movement Toward International Oligarchy'

Paradise Papers, Says Sanders, Expose 'Rapid Movement Toward International Oligarchy'

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) says the trove of documents "shows how these billionaires and multinational corporations get richer by hiding their wealth and profits and avoid paying their fair share of taxes"

Sen. Bernie Sanders

Saw this coming, didn’t we?!!!

I recall when commenters here decried Sanders as a “one note” candidate who was stuck like a grumpy broken record on the topic of oligarchs and wealth inequality.

Well, that happens to be what I like about him.

Meanwhile, the oligarchs are robbing the place blind, and establishment Dems are focused on “Russia did it.”

Until the Ds are no longer perceived as beholden to big money, they’ll continue on their path to irrelevance.

Bet we won’t see any mention of Sanders’ comments on MSM.

As Gomer Pyle would say: " SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

" Establishment Dems. are focused on the Russians did it."

Too bad they do not tell the truth; THE OLIGARCHS DID IT!

Gee, I wonder what’ll happen to the billionaires? Oh, probably nothing.

Just another reason to consider Republican ideology to be discredited.

Let us know when Bernie has something important to say about Donna Brazile’s DNC revelations.

Funny how that works. The republicans just don’t care what the people know while the democrats always try to blame someone else.

In relation to PR Scripts, Talking Points as News, Staged Narratives, the Paradise Papers (all 13 million leaked), and further Truth:

“Rapid Movement Toward…” Hell, we are already there under the tyranny of the current despot, his cabinet, Congress, and Big Money in elections.

Just as Emperors and kings of old, there’s always been one psycho or another that wanted to own/rule the world.

I am halfway through Yanis Varoufakis’ new book “Adults in the Room”.

What I am seeing is the more or less complete subservience of democratically elected officials to unelected financial concerns - in the case of Europe, the European Commission bowing and scrapping to their real masters, the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund.

Obviously this is also the case here in North America, and if Bernie Sanders is correct - around the world.

Meaningful democracy is going - financial, pathological neoliberal capitalism is in the ascendant - for now.

This is augmented by considerable convergent lines of evidence, I think necessary as the field on finance is now so complex even its inventors are no longer in charge.

Jeffrey Sachs of Columbia University and the United Nations was 100 percent on side with Yanis Varoufakis, as was the economist James Galbraith.

Thomas Piketty has alerted us to “Capital in the Twenty-First Century”, and Paul Krugman and Joseph Stiglitz are in agreement, as I understand it.

Very very obviously, the only possible constraints on these financial monsters and soulless institutions, run by highly paid servants of the super-rich, are the political systems of the world and the supreme courts - both of which have come down decidedly and in writing and in legislation on the side of those same billionaires.

That leaves us defenceless - and threatened, as is Yanis Varoufakis, by the spectre of high treason, or in other cases, of whistle-blowing, etc… with the ever present prison for profit system waiting for yet more super cheap laborers.

So the situation is even more dire than this article suggests.

Look at Apple - and weep:

There is one thing to look forward to, not with any happiness though, is the next big collapse of the markets and it will be a big one. Prez “O” kept the growth slow and low and steady so it wouldn’t happen again on his watch. Now we have a full-blown market screaming into the heavens. We all know what goes up Must come down and this one will be fast and furious. At the root of “real” capital is raw materials, most of which we have run out of, so “real” capital is non-existent. This capital gain we see now is fake but this crash will make the real feel all that more real. Things are being made out of thin air and built on sand.

Well, well…who woulda thunk it. Looks like that One World Government the rubes on the Right have been so hysterical about turns out to be here already, and doesn’t include the UN, Agenda 21, the War on Christmas, War on White guys, the War on the 2d amendment yadda yadda yadda ad infinitum. Let’s hear it again for unbridled capitalism. Boo ya!

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

geez, ya got me rollin’ and a tumblin’…Very Good

To celebrate Bernie’s righteous offering today, i offer some Max Horkheimer in 1947, from his Eclipse of Reason. The decades have rolled by, yet the domination continues based upon false, powerful, undemocratic traditions.
“However, there is increasing awareness that the unbearable pressure upon the individual is not inevitable. It is to be hoped that men will come to see that it springs not directly from the purely technical requirements of production, but from the social structure.”
“What is lacking are men who understand that they themselves are the subjects or the functionaries of their own oppression.” ……… “The realization that at this very moment everything depends upon the right use of man’s autonomy should rally those who have been silenced to defend culture against the threatened debasement at the hands of its conformist fair-weather friends or the annihilation at the hands of the barbarians within the gates.”
“Irrationality still molds the fate of men.”

Cheers all

Saw it happening years ago. That’s what NAFTA, GATT, and the Trans-Pacific Partnership were about, solidifying a post-natiional corporate oligarchy. This is why our struggle cannot be limited the the US. Workers of All Countries Unite has never been more relevant.