Home | About | Donate

Parents and Children Occupy Puerto Rican School Refusing to Let Corporate Vultures Raid Its Contents

Parents and Children Occupy Puerto Rican School Refusing to Let Corporate Vultures Raid Its Contents

Steven Singer

For more than 80 days, about 35 parents and children have been camping out in front of their neighborhood school in the U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico.

The Commonwealth government closed the Jose Melendez de Manati school along with more than 150 others over the last 5 years.

But the community is refusing to let them loot it.

Corporate vampires draining the life from one nation after the other. Where will these monsters go when they have everything? Some island where they can be safe from those they have tried to murder through attrition? I don't get it.

All tax- havens, should be in the forefront of every progressive running for office in this scandalous country we call home.

The US Congress, if you can call it that with a straight face, is responsible for this disgrace
due to bribed members, lobbyists, and ALEC. "Our pathetic government" has done more
to degrade this nation in the last three decades than at any other time in our history, and
I see no end to it.

You seize the vulture with your hand around it's neck. You then snap your wrist violently, you will hear a loud snap as the vultures neck breaks. Repeat this process until all of the vultures are dead! Then start the process of rebuilding your community!

It's great that this protest action is being reported at Common Dreams. Thanks for publishing it!

And thanks to the community organizers leading this fight, and to Steven Singer for writing about it.

"For more than 80 days," and we are only now hearing about this? What's up with that?

"Since 2012, U.S. citizens who live on the island for at least 183 days a year pay minimal or no taxes, and unlike those living in Singapore or Bermuda, they get to keep their U.S. passports." Living overseas myself, I have no idea what this is supposed to mean as I and other US citizens living overseas can file for an exemption of earned income up to the $90Ks, and we also get to keep our passports.

Except for that unfortunate paragraph, this is an informative and important article about what is going on in Puerto Rico.

"The master planners devised the strategy of a merger - a Great Merger - among nations.
But before such a merger can be consummated, and the United States becomes just another province in a New World Order, there must at least be the semblance of parity among the senior partners in the deal. How does one make the nations of the world more nearly equal? The Insiders determined that a two-prong approach was needed; use American money and know-how to build up your competitors, while at the same time use every devious strategy you can devise to weaken and impoverish this country. The goal is not to bankrupt the United States. Rather, it is to reduce our productive might, and therefore our standard of living, to the meager subsistence level of the socialized nations of the world.
The plan is not to bring the standard of living in less developed countries up to our level, but to bring ours down to meet theirs coming up... It is your standard of living which must be sacrificed on the altar of the New World Order."

Gary Allen in his book "The Rockefeller File"