Home | About | Donate

Patience and Secrecy in the Kochs' Complex Conspiracy

Patience and Secrecy in the Kochs' Complex Conspiracy

Jim Hightower

In 1933, a handful of wealthy Wall Streeters were upset that the newly elected president, Franklin D. Roosevelt, had dared to tax the rich in order to fund programs to lessen the painful poverty people were experiencing due to the Great Depression. They were so upset that they came up with a ridiculous plan to overthrow Roosevelt and install a military government.

Great job, Jim! Your last paragraph correctly identifies the real enemy that threatens our “freedom” (what’s left of it, anyway). The greatest threat to our Democracy (such as it is), is
most definitely not Russia, nor ISIS, nor “illegal immigrants”, nor Iran. We are very adroitly
being divided in multiple ways, and conditioned to fear everything and everyone, except our
true enemies, whose silent coup is nearly complete.

Brilliant analysis, Jim! I wan’t to give a shout out to one of my heroes, Gen. Smedley Butler, who was instrumental in foiling the 1933 coup attempt. Also, I want to acknowledge Sinclair Lewis for his 1935 novel It Can’t Happen Here, in which he described a fictional presidential win by Berzelius (Buzz) Windrip whose demeanor all too much resembles that of Donald Trump. I read it in 2015 as I saw The Donald work the stage early in the primary process. Jim, you are my Doremus Jessup–honorable to your core!

What really surprises me is the way people have gone along with all the lying about climate change. I would not have guessed that so many people would be willing to back a view that will lead to something like the collapse of human civilization for short term economic gains and an ideology based on libertarianism. No doubt they have somehow rationalized this in their own minds but still it is surprising. For them it is doomsday, bring it on.

It is complete. Trump is an anomaly they didn’t plan on, but whom they will use to the fullest.

America, land of the proles, home of the socially programmed.

For alarming insight into the real agenda of the Koch brothers read the book Democracy in Chains by Nancy MacLean, an historian from Duke U.

Yes, they are very resourceful that way.

Though I love the writing of Jim Hightower, and have followed those writings since his days as the TX commissioner of agriculture, I’m not sure I would call the 1933 attempted coup hairbrained.
If not for a patriotic, and honest Marine Corps General, it may have succeeded. The scary thing is, and just like today, the MSM dismissed him as a nut. As Jim points out , there are many more organizations today to support the felling of our govt. than there was in 1933, giving back-up to the Koch plan.

Bullies first invert reality (Consider who actually does the ‘making’ and who actually does the ‘taking’), then twist your arm and/or_ to try to make you scream uncle/capitulate; then taunt with their linguistic inversions through sock puppets doubling down. Then they sit back and toss money and resources to triangulate conflation of the separation of powers.

All the while these twisted brothers engage in serial abuse (think Koch coke dumping at the edge of NW river where dust blew into town and peoples’ homes. Yes we have a Koch bully problem with an entire wave of their minions tantamount to being threatened with the chipped edge of fossil, soaked in oil, and pointing at those they victimize all the while claiming they are being somehow ‘shortchanged’.

I almost forgot - ALEC boilerplate to make law the practices their minions will regret in a generation or two. In the mean time, through both sides of their face, saying ‘its legal’. This. in its weak stages must protected by a cram/crash pressure cooker and/or starvation of normal fluidity of a society.

Stunning that anyone can admire a model that must cause so much damage to sharpen its pyramid sufficiently for these knuckle-draggers to look down their noses at all that they become ignorant of and destroy for kicks.

The one thing the 1933 coup cartel got right was recognizing Josef Goebbels propaganda genius, taking his work and refining it for nearly half a century leading to launching one of their most effective 20th century weapons in the form of Saint Ron in 1981. The 2016 election gave them the winning combination of Trump to distract us while the GOP controlled Congress stacks all levels of federal courts with young right wing judges, many of whom will still be on the bench in 2060.

With taxation on the 1% drastically reduced and the courts stacked, it won’t matter who is in Congress.The 1% will simply take any legislation they don’t like to court and have their judges overturn it.

Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of a large number of our fellow Americans who have no interest in politics or public policy. Most, like many friends and family members of mine, cannot think beyond their lives and the TV shows they watch. While many of us have personal and family issues that occupy our thoughts, there are many who are totally unaware of anything outside their little circle and believe the propaganda and talking points put out by such Koch funded activities. I fear we are at the mercy of mass ignorance and there is little hope for America. The only bright spot I see are actions like that of the Parkland HS students. But can that be expanded to a full comprehension of public policy?

We all know that our country’s governance is dysfunctional. The reason for the dysfunction and the cure are staring us directly in the face. The problem is too much money in politics and the cure is to change Congress. Only we voters can affect the needed change and that is to get rid of any congressmen that takes special interest money.

The fundamental problem we have is a Congress that simply does not have our best interests at heart in their legislative actions. Our governing system is one of legislation for sale. Only 6 of the 535 members of Congress do not take special interest money. We have had at least four decades of congressional candidates seeking special interest money, for TV ads, and sellings their souls to get it. The end result is 529 legislators doing the bidding of the 1% and the corporate and financial industries, while ignoring the needs and wants of the American People.

In most western democracies the taking of special interest money (also called bribery) by those in or seeking office lands them in jail. Here our Congress, backed by a politicized Supreme Court, has not only made the practise legal but has opened control of our electoral system to essentially unlimited amounts of money. This allows those who exercise their political influence thru our elected officials to control governmental processes in perpetuity. Money buys votes!

As sick,frustrating and pervasive as the present rigged system is; it has an Achilles heel. That is our elected representatives must stand for reelection every 2 or 6 years. If we judged them on whether or not they take special interest money and favor a complete rewrite of election law we would have a Congress with a completely different set of values. This should be the overriding criterion for our votes this year’s midterm election. It is a simple straight forward question: do you take special interest money?

Reelection rates for Congressional incumbents is historically in the 90+% range despite the approval ratings being below 60% and currently around 17%. We voters need to somehow get past this disconnect. Any Congressman or candidate that takes special interest money is simply not worthy of our vote. We need to act accordingly.

Why not change this detestable oligarchy system of government?

Direct Democracy