Home | About | Donate

Paul Ryan Hates the Idea of a Free Market in Health Care, He Wants to Give Money to Rich People

Paul Ryan Hates the Idea of a Free Market in Health Care, He Wants to Give Money to Rich People

Dean Baker

The NYT is again spreading the absurd myth that Paul Ryan and other Republicans want a free market in health care. While it is very helpful to the Republicans to imply that they are trying to advance some grand principle, as opposed to just giving money to rich people, it is a lie on a par with climate denialism.

Repugs. and capitalists hate free market principals. That's why we don't have any.

The right wing was concerned because some lady on the Affordable Care Act only had to pay $500 in deductibles to save her babies life. Under Trump care she would have to declare bankruptcy to save her babies life because she could never pay the $250,000 medical bill. My share of taxes to help save her babies life was one eight thousandths of a cent. It was money well spent. My share of taxes for the subsidies for the defense industry for the F-35 was $1,000 in taxes. I get more bang for my buck helping people survive than I get from helping to kill them.

Concerning health care and every other subject, when Eddie Munster says "free market" he really means rigged market.

the Koch Brothers have been writing Munster's script ever since he arrived in DC in 1999 to destroy earned benefits programs to free up more dough for corporate welfare programs, mostly benefiting the military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC).

Republicans use the free market battle cry to hide the corruption that corporations use to protect their turf by bribery and corruption....No such thing as free...someone pays for their freedom to fuk us over.