Home | About | Donate

Paul Ryan Was Always More Political Hack Than Policy Genius

Paul Ryan Was Always More Political Hack Than Policy Genius

Neil J. Young

Paul Ryan’s farewell tour is going about as well as you might imagine. The retiring speaker of the House, who made a career out of promoting his aw-shucks humility, has presided over the revealing of not one but three painted portraits of himself. In less-controlled settings, his interviews with media outlets have, rather than provide a victory lap, only served to highlight the emptiness of Ryan’s words and the failures of his time in office.

1 Like

All-hat-no-cattle Ryan was the prototypical Republican of today’s age. You got to give him (and his party) that. A tool/fool of the Kochs to his bitter end. No doubt the Jewel of Janesville will find a comfortable ne$t in some $tink tank plotting how his proteges will help the uber wealthy oppress the poor to ensure “cost effective” labor.

1 Like

Saying good bye, good riddance to the zombie-eyed granny starver from WI cannot come soon enough.
Another empty suited no nothing bulltwicky ‘wonk’.

1 Like

The classic example of someone who got a boost from the government wanting to pull the ladder up behind him.

A world-champ bullshit artist, he even lied about his athletic prowess:

2 Likes

For me, everything there is to know about Ryan was summed up in his gloating, after the 2016 debacle, that ‘We have a unified government.’ That should never be the goal of a Speaker. It’s antithetical to checks and balances, and it was willfully ignorant of how un-Republican djt was or would be. I don’t think Ryan even cared about the tax bill, only about power. And if djt and Pence had been impeached, he could have become the GOP JFK, except that then he would have had to do things. Despicable.

1 Like

I’ll be a little more crass. When I look at Ryan, it reminds me of the old saying “I didn’t know you could stack shit so high”.
He’s the perfect preppy, sphincter muscle who, as Skeptic Tank points out, enjoyed and benefited from the New Deal safety net early in life and then begrudges anyone else who needs it, and does his best to destroy it. When he says history will be kind to him and is ilk, he’s right, but only in the near future, as they slither off to their overpaid, BS jobs, that the oligarchy are more than happy to give them for their huge revenue windfall that the congress creeps gave them.
Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out scumbag!!

1 Like

The words “genius” and “Paul Ryan” do not belong in the same book much less in the same sentence. On the other hand I’d use - heartless, shameless, Ayn Randian-Koch whore and breathtaking hypocrite. That would be a start. If I had the power I would ensure that he never got another job except being stuffed back into that Weiner Mobile he used to drive many years ago and have him have to drive around endlessly in Washington. DeCeit where people can endlessly laugh and jeer at this massive POS. Fuck you, Paul “PotGate” Ryan, you mega-sleazy waste of protoplasm.

The man is just another POS determined to unravel our country just for the sake of making a name and garnering wealth by political maneuvering.

1 Like