Getting arrested is a counter-productive tactic. It cost time, money, diverts focus from the action to the legal issue of getting out of jail, etc. -- I spent nine days in jail for protesting the Vietnam War, guess what? It didn't stop the war although the idealized image of it all may sound nice or look good.
Here's a better idea:
BOTH MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES ARE RESPONSIBLE, NEITHER ONE OR THE OTHER IS GOING TO ‘SAVE US,’ FROM THEIR OWN MANIPULATIONS AND MALFEASANCE
We need to change to election process. We’re being played liked suckers, thinking one of these dominant political parties is better than the other. Both Democrats and Republicans are culpable and both need to be held accountable…Until these elections and political reforms actually made law.
I SUGGEST USING THE TACTIC> VOTING AGAINST ALL INCUMBENTS, (repeatedly!)
Right now, voting is like being a gambler thinking we can beat the odds in Las Vegas, but the only steady winner in Las Vegas is the casinos.
Top Ten Election and Political Reform Proposals.
1. initiative, referendum and recall for all jurisdictions.
2. Limits on length of election campaigns
3. No political action committees allowed.
4. Independent voters can vote in any primary of their choosing.
5. Term Limits
6. All political offices in elections must have a checkbox for None of the Above.
7. Native American tribes get some representation in Congress they were promised.
8. Methods of Alternative Voting need to be allowed. (Winner-take-all is unfair.) Methods like ranked-choice voting, or preferential voting are needed. Winner-take-all voting is offensive and unfair and not the way it’s done in the rest of the world’s democracies; it allows a ruling class, status quo to always dominate.
9. Some amount of Participatory Budgeting and Participatory Democracy
10. A Cabinet office for Open Access to Democracy should be established