Home | About | Donate

Peak 2020: Rockefeller Center's Mangy Tree and Foundling Owl Are Doing Better, Thanks

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/11/19/peak-2020-rockefeller-centers-mangy-tree-and-foundling-owl-are-doing-better

5 Likes

I think that John Oliver put it all into proper perspective on Seth Meyer’s show, Monday. They don’t care about trees; or the environment. All they care about is numero uno.

5 Likes

New York City would be hell for me. Hell. I type about twenty feet from a live oak which is four feet in diameter at breast height (pretty darn old) and is kept company by numerous other trees of various species. The owls and the hawks chatter day and night. NYC would be hell. Glad to hear Rocky is safe. Strange how we can muster so much for a creature and walk past many of our own kind who are down on their luck. I guess we can thank Calvinism conditioning for that.

3 Likes

Probably better than the reverse —the planet has an oversupply of humans, and too many of us, because there are too many of us, are driving non-humans like “Rocky” into extinction. (But you know that – I’m saying that only in hope others will read it and have a realization)

6 Likes

Cutting down a tree should be a crime. Love to the innocent owel.

3 Likes

Still, this is not a good sign, it may just be a reminder for the 11 million people in NYC that love of nature once existed and the message was brought in a tree.

3 Likes