Home | About | Donate

Pence’s White Nationalist Exclusion of Syrian Refugees Struck Down by Court

Pence’s White Nationalist Exclusion of Syrian Refugees Struck Down by Court

Juan Cole

U.S. District Judge Tanya Walton Pratt has struck down former Indiana governor and present vice president Mike Pence’s attempt to stop Syrian refugees from settling in the state of Indiana. At the time he had cited terrorism concerns.

A gyro, tabouleh, and a wedge of baklava, that’s what I regularly get from Ozzie and Omar, two Lebanese immigrant brothers who make delicious and healthy (and halal) food. To Mike Pence, I would like to try Syrian food, so Fuck Off you tyrant-wannabe miscreant. Of course, since your poisoning of Indiana, perhaps I just should be happy to seek it elsewhere.

Pence is a Christian theocrat, at least as extreme as Ayatollah Khomeni , and will make the US a Christian theocracy post haste when he becomes POTUS.

Not if Mr. Mueller first has something to say about Pence’s succession to the the White House throne.

We have a Syrian couple who run a carry out near my house. Their food is similar to Lebanese food except the the grape leaf rolls are served cold, and the sleek is made with kale, not spinach.

And the elderly Syrian, (and observant Muslim) refugee woman, who is living in the small home of my brother and his partner Tim, (yes, really, dear MM in La Mesa) in Toronto, made this fantastic dish of pressure-cooked chicken and mulukhiyah - a green leafy veggie with an aromatic tea-like flavor - over a bed of fragrant rice. Delicious!