Home | About | Donate

'People Shouldn't Be Going Bankrupt and Dying': Barnstorms Nationwide Aim to Build Mass Movement Behind Medicare for All

Members of Congress and their staffs get their insurance on the ObamaCare exchanges.

Medicare is an abortion? Get your head out of your knees!

How are people on this site many of whom have worked all of their lives getting free stuff? Perhaps YOU are the one who is guilty.

Many Americans are actually proud that they don’t have health insurance and end up dying as a result. They view this as testimony to their individualism and independence. It sounds too ridiculous to be true, but it is, I have confirmed this myself by directly interviewing many of them. With this kind of ignorant brutish scum as the bulk of the population, there is little anyone can do to advance common sense.

Well thanks for agreeing with my assessment of you, and directly outing yourself as a neo-fascist and neoliberal who quotes Rush Limbaugh.

You sound like a typical ignorant Trumpian blue collar trash. What are you doing on this site? Why don’t you post on Breitbart, where everyone is like you?

“It’s a Ponzi scheme that depends on having more “contributors” than recipients.”
This is basically a description of capitalist economics, and corporate sponsored government, generally speaking.

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”
― Benito Mussolini

I do agree with you here- I have to say. Many of these types are obese, and have no teeth( and no brains either).

I had never seen that ad before, thanks for posting it. It is astonishing and it explains a lot. A people so thoroughly brainwashed can be turned into anything the Oligarchy wants.

From the Preamble to the Constitution:]"…Promote the general welfare."How pathetic.
We are the richest country in the history of the world, yet we cannot provide adequate healthcare for all of us.

My gut is telling me that they are going to get busted. My spidy sense is bugging me the same way it did just before the 2007 great recession. Sure hope I’m wrong.

I’m getting old and my skin is getting thicker so I can take the ribbing if I’m all wet.
Just try to be kind.

You have that too eh (thicker skin)? Some say that a result of too much sun exposure as a youth. Ribbing? Nah. Not from this kowpoke. You’re a good guy Gand…the other side are the bad guys, you know the ones who THINK they’re the good guys?

Thanks for the kind words.
The other fun song which I have on my “put together” CD of favorites is Mule Skinner Blues by the Fendermen.I first heard it in the late 50’s.
Some time I’ll give you the song list on my “put together” CD

I remember like it was yesterday, the first time I heard Surfin Bird. I was mid teens riding around with friends when it came on the radio. What a hoot.

Yes, yank fossil fuels. Oil is being discovered everywhere. It likely will sell cheaper across the world when/if even a few of the new fields are developed. Tragic spills will occur, as many of the new fields are underwater.
Many former third world countries are just now ramping up their economies, buying cars and building big-time, plastic usage soaring. Air conditioning is skyrocketing in the hotter bit wealthier communities.
How are you going to yank it though? It wont be easy.

Limit corporations to a thousand each? Ha. I can just see the giants breaking up into a thousand pieces to get the money through

Good one, that one made me chuckle. However, give Trudeau some credit. He has the unenviable task of telling hundreds of thousands of people in the Western Provinces that their oil industry jobs are likely going to disappear in next 20 years. That is one big hole to fill and well most in the Western Provinces are living in deep denial.

Imagine how truly great America would be if Americans were truly healthy.

Happier, more productive, smarter, and so on.

Sadly, the ACA has not worked to accomplish that.

Good health should NOT be limited solely to the wealthy.
Healthcare should not to SOLELY benefit the wealthy.

The ACA simply handed the medical & healthcare industries blank checks.
And yet, the American medical & healthcare industries are the THIRD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATHS IN AMERICANS, VIA PREVENTABLE MEDICAL ERRORS.

That’s not reform.

It’s sad how so highly ignorant the American public is to the workings of politics.

Health-care groups remained steady in the higher echelon of spenders on lobbying advocacy last year, with the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), Blue Cross Blue Shield, the American Hospital Association and the American Medical Association all making the top 10 spenders of political lobbying.
(https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/371523-lobbyings-top-50-pour-540m-into-influence-campaigns)

Lobbyists are people whom practically live on Capitol Hill, and seek only to influence legislation and politics in a way that serves the corporations and/or associations they serve.
IT’S CALLED SPECIAL INTEREST LEGISLATION.
The book, “A Republic No More” by Jay Cost outlines how absolutely prevalent this practice has become in politics & government policy.

LOBBYISTS AND LEGISLATORS NO LONGER WORK FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE.
THEY WORK FOR THE NEO-FEUDAL CORPORATE LORDS.

Don’t forget, the AMA was initially opposed to the ACA, until the law was revised to change the way Physicians and Hospitals were paid.

The AMA wants to protect a trademark monopoly that the federal government created for it—a medical coding system called CPT, or current procedural terminology.

Every hospital and healthcare professional uses CPT when it bills for services. The AMA assigns CPT codes for each medical and surgical procedure and diagnostic service that a healthcare professional can provide, and insurance companies pay the AMA a fee to use the CPT codes in reimbursing healthcare providers. This monopoly generates income of $70 million to $100 million annually for the AMA.

The federal government’s Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services uses a different coding system (called HCPCS), and yet it has been integrated into the CPT.

The AMA always cites excessive medical malpractice litigation as a reason for runaway healthcare costs (tort reform).
Yet Obamacare largely omits tort reform from the healthcare ACA.

Though the ACA originally planned to reduce physician reimbursements by 21%, that ruling has continually been delayed.

The ACA was passed with subsequent praise by the AMA.
Thanks to high-paid industry Lobbyists.

IT IS EXTREMELY FOOLISH TO BELIEVE MEDICARE FOR ALL WILL BE ANY DIFFERENT.
IN FACT, ONE OF THE BIGGEST DELAYS ON MEDICARE FOR ALL IS GETTING ALL THE LOBBYISTS AND THEIR ORGANIZATIONS/ASSOCIATIONS ON BOARD.

AS SUCH, MEDICARE FOR ALL WILL BE PASSED ONCE THE SAME INDUSTRIES ARE GUARANTEED HEALTHY RISING PROFITS.

This has become a fact of politics.
Though those citizens calling for Medicare for All have good intentions, one must BEWARE of UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES.
Those unintended consequences will come from special-interest legislation as a result of increased lobbying spending and activities by the corporate giants, and their neo-feudal Lord owners/controllers.

MEDICARE FOR ALL, AS SPECIAL-INTEREST LEGISLATION, WILL RESULT IN EVEN GREATER INCOME INEQUALITY & WEALTH CONSOLIDATION.

For decades there have been public health services in the United States available to anyone. These were usually county hospitals located in most major cities. Some of them had excellent services some not so much. They would not make a big deal about you having insurance - it was usually about health care provision. In some cases it was run by bureacrats who didn;t give a damn and in other cases they were run by health care professionals who did care. In some ways this was a system of medicare for all in that anyone could get the help but sometimes you had to wait. I’ve used it many times and it was good for me. I’ve always wondered if the ACA and/or Obamacare wasn’t a destructive force to these hospitals in that with ACA a person could go anywhere they wanted and in most cases would be prevented from using the public hospital where maybe they had received services and had a doctor. In my opinion, we need to get rid of the concept of health insurance and think more health provision. Create health care places where the paperwork is put aside and we fund these out of our public income taxes.

Correct. We need to ban lobbyists and legislators need to do the real work of figuring out what is in the best interest of the public.